Poetry Magnum Opus
  • Announcements

• tonyv

Registration -- to join PMO ***UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS***   03/14/2017

Automatic registration has been disabled. If you would like to join the Poetry Magnum Opus online community, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page and follow these instructions: 1. Check your email (including your spam folder) in a timely fashion for a reply. 2. After you receive a reply, use the "Sign Up" link at the top right corner of the page to create your account. Do this fast. I've lost my patience with people who use the "Contact Us" link to express interest in joining and then don't bother to check their email for a reply and don't bother to join after registration has been enabled. The queue fills up fast with spammers, and I have to spend my time sifting through the rubbish to delete them. The window of opportunity for joining will be short. I will not have my time wasted. If you don't check your email and you don't bother registering promptly, you will find that registration has been disabled and your future requests to join may go ignored. /s/ Tony ___________________ [Registration will only be enabled for a short while from the time your message is received, so please check your email for a reply and register within 12 hours of using the "Contact Us" link. (Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't see a reply to your message.)]
    • tonyv

IMPORTANT: re Logging In to PMO ***Attention Members***   03/15/2017

For security purposes, please use your email address when logging in to the site. This will prevent your account from being locked when malicious users try to log in to your account using your publicly visible display name. If you are unable to log in, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
    • tonyv

Blogs   05/01/2017

Blogs are now accessible to Guests. Guests may read and reply to blog entries. We'll see how this works out. If Guest participation becomes troublesome, I'll disable Guest access. Members are encouraged to make use of the PMO Members' Promotional Blog to promote their published works. Simply add your latest entry to the blog. Include relevant information (your name or screen name, poem title, periodical name, hyperlink to the site where published, etc). If you have a lot of them and feel you need your own blog, let me know, and I will try to accommodate you. Members are encouraged to continue also posting their promotional topics in the Promotions forum on the board itself which is better suited for archiving promotions.
Tinker

Tinker's Poems

The Poetry of Judi Van Gorder

IMG_0305.JPG

~~ © ~~ You can contact me at Tinker1111@wildblue.net                A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

Ring of Love

3 A.M. 5 O'clock 40 Days and 40 Nights 98 BMW 540i 127 Hours A moment before sleep
Absence Absolute Nonsense Adjustment Advise to Old Prufrock African Spectacle Age Old Story
Aliens American Soldier An Old Hymn Still Singing Anacreon's Creed Ancient Welshman Anticipated
April 15 April Showers, How Cliché of Her Arctic Love Arthur and Marylyn T #1 At the Office ATM
August Away Awe Babies Born Here Backwards Balancing Act
Ball Player Ballata Bark Beetle Battle Ground Beef Steak Best Left Behind
Betrayal Bird's Eye View Bitch Black of the Moon Blackberry Patch Blush of Love
Bombastic Bondage Broken The Book Born of the Earth Boycott A Brief Cast
Briolette of India Brothers Burn-out Blues By the Hunter's Moon Burned Cafe Mocha
Cali Fire Storm Cantar Cat Tail Celtic Form Chained to the Frame Chardonnay Summer
Chess (a translation) Cheezy Addiction Cherry Blossoms Chilly Forecast Chimes Church Parking Lot
Clerihew Cold Cold Forever Combat Comfort Food Complex Math
Computer Connection Condemned Cora Lynn Williams 1834-1849 craft Crapsey Cinquain Crisis
Crystal Clear Curtal Sonnet Dancers Darryl is Her Name Daylight Savings Day Is Done
Day Thirteen Days Like This Deaf Tones Dedication deified Deprived
Devil's Game Discordant Thoughts Dragon Due Tomorrow Dust Easter Goodies
Easter Rathe Easy Way Out Echo at Dawn El Viejo elements EMail
Empty Excuse Empty Moment Empty Stable Episode Erasure Essence
etheree evening azimuth Eventide Eye of the Beholder Fair Weather Sailor Fall
Fall Back Family Night Famous or Blamous Father-Daughter Feast in Cana Feed My Sheep
Fencing Off (prose) Fiore Fire at the Core Fire Dance First Day of Chemo First Flight
First Responder: When Others Run Away For All You Poets Out There Forgotten Forum Limerick Found Freedom
French Flare Friend or Foe Fresh Start Friday, Fall From Home Furry Fix
Fuzzy Game 6, treinta sei Gathering Generosity Goodnight Mac Adoo Grit Between My Toes
Guilbhnech Hand in my Back Hat and the Cat Haiku Journal The Haunting Headline
Heat of Autumn Heaven Heavenly Hamburger Heavenly Timber Heaven's Hue Hiding in the light
Honey Seeded Whole Wheat Heaven Horsemen of Afghanistan Hot Topics House of Stone How Did I Get Here? How Great is He?
How Many Times? I Am I Don't Relate I.E.D. I'm Not Mad In love
In Memory of John Paul II In My Dotage In the Trenches Incendiary incomplete Incomprehensible
Indigo informed Introduction Inuendo Irishman Limerick Irma
Irma vs Florida et al Italian Saraband It's In the Refrigerator Journal,Today's Weather Just Me Keats
Kentucky Derby Laker gold Laker's Quest Lambs Lament Land Ho!
Lanterne Laughing in Fall Colors Lavender Law and Reason Lectio Divina Left Behind
leg-acy Legacy London terror Lions Tigers and Bears Listening Little Willie
Long Haired Dog The Longest Night A Look Forward Love, An Old Cliché Lucky Charm Lyrelling
Mac Adoo's Wings Macy's Parade Day Magic Moments Magic of the Muse Malaise Marguerite Johnson, A Caged Bird No More
May Me, the Condensed Version Memo to Hot Shot Memorial Memories Mind Melt
Mission For the Queen Monday Mono y Mono Monster Month of August Moonless Reflection
Moonlight More Morning Brew Morning stillness Morning Sun Morning Walk
Movie Night Mr. Money Mud Laps Music In My Dream My Dog Angel Mr. Jones
My Don Quixote Nature's Notes News Images Night Dwellers No Surrender Nonsense
Notation Now Here's a No Brainer Nursery Ode to Laker Basketball Ode to My Left Hand Ode to Rain
on a courtyard bench On a Starless Night On the Cross On the Way to the Ladies Room One Bite One Note Tones
One Too Many One Two Three,Ring Oogling the Bing Open Blinds Oprah Orb
Os-Rune's Language Ostrich Races Out West Pacific's Golden Way Pallette Panacea
Panache Paradise Adrift Parent Parrot Limerick Pase Doble The Path
Path to Stillness Patriarch Pauline Peck's Pond Pier 39 The Pen Whispers
Persimmon Phone Call to an Old Friend Pi Pi ∆∆∆∆∆ pillow woman Playing Poet
Poet Poet's Quill Police Shooting Politics Poor Man's Rhodedendron Press Conference
Pressure Cooker Prism Psalm in Action Puddles pyramid Queen Bee
Queen of Spring Rain Raindrop Rain's Grace Reaching For a Star>/a> Read, White and Blue
the reader Rebirth Red Redwood Grove Regression Reluctant Ballade
Remind Me Again? Reminders Requiem for Mac Adoo The Return Return of the Doe Rhyming Lines
Robert Frost, Sower Roly Poly Roly Poly Prince Route 91, Harvest Festival Runway Rust
Sample Scab Scarlet Scrumptuous Lumptuous Sculptured Heart Sea Dreamer
Seamrog Sedoka Seven Deadly Sins Shade(hokku) Shadows Shadows at Dawn
Shell Beach Shere Kahn Shift Change Short Balance Shout She Passed
Sideshow Silenced Silly Rabbit Silly Willy Singed Wings Skald
Sleep Smog Snyder (prose) Solitaire Song of Healing Song of the Matador
Song of the Midnight Troubadour A Speck Splash Sport of Kings Spring Ahead Spring Awakening
Spring Blossoms Spring Cleaning St. Pat Stand Off Starving Starbucks
Stepping Up Stepping Up to Tomorrow Stressing Left Strong Survive Stud The Student
sublime The Sun Sunrise Service Sunset's Tango Sunshine for Breakfast Super Bowl Sunday
Super Sunday Surprise Survivor Swinging Door Syllabic Silliness Synergy
Tail Wagging Taking Care of Business Tale of Honor Tattoo Tea and Grace Telling the Storm
Temptation Tetractys They Shall Be Comforted Third Dimension Thirty Days Through the Mist
Thrown Away Thursday Afternoon Time Timeless Timer Set on High Titan
Today Together Forever Tome Too Many Years Training Day Trail Boss
Transformation Treasured Island Trifling Trinity Trite Trochee Tuesday Morning
Turbulence Twelfth Night Sonnet Twins Two Dollar Bet Unicorn, Guardian Unidentified
Uniquely Irish Unnoticed Upon This Rock Unprepared Vanquished in the Night Vexing
Villanelle For Scottie Vows Waiting Prognosis Wake Up Call The Wanderer's Return Warning
Warrior Woman Way Too Personal What Do You Want? Welsh Inspiration When in the Woods When Starting a New Diet
When You Sing You Pray Twice Where's Leigh? The Will Wind on the Terrace Winter Rain With Apologies
Woe the Time Word of the Day Work Week Write On Write, Write, Write Writing in the Dark
Yesterday You You Left Your Ring Youth zi Zimbabwe Child

Poem TitlesA-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

Up to 2016  Haiku and Other Untitled Poems - Key Words

ancestors ancient wall ant covered candy ants in the mud room #51 April sunrise Autumn Chess #8 baking cake barking parrot
beacon beauty #44 bed beckons #18 beef stew best way home beyond the shore birth & death blue canvas
blue rose bohdi tree #57 brazen poppies #30 breakfast #52 breeze floats off Pacific bright in green #78 broken bird Brooklyn on Nabisco
# 83 bullets at concert burning log #53 butterfly wings   #76 calendar Camelot caped manta captured moments
#25 castoff #12 caught then lost chants of peace child beguiled color of her eyes corn stalks countdown #14 cozy quilt
creeper weeds cricket chirps croak caw crocus carpet crystals on lake cyber ballroom daffodils damp morning
#55 dancing blossom dawn /sun sets deadlines diamond myths #68 dishwasher #13 do it now doe and fawn dream hovers
early plum blossom #33 east coast flood #80 ebony night elixir empty box explore summer Fang #76 fast forward
field mouse flames mushroom flames lick flash-boom #20/#21
flight series
flour & nuts fly series #5/#6/#7 flying fox
froggy launch pad frogs silent frost on mailbox frothy sea #32 goat rescue goats ate my roses #48 granddaughter's voice #27 grandkids rock
grandson #41 green snot #1  grey mist gummy gap #46 guns & daisies haiku break hand on shoulder hard ground
harsh words harvest moon #73 headache #93 headed south #69 heaven opens #24 hide and seek #39 hiding stars #55 hip hop
hit/kick hoot owl #66 horse therapy hung over hummingbird I am # I live #81 images vanish
#67 insect stings #89 iPad #22 jump start #85 keyboard kid parole lacy canopy laptop keys Las Vegas
latte to go #47 laundry lays to rest #40 leaky memories leftovers lilies lion winds locked inside
#102 London under siege lost in haze love letters marathon runner #11  messy desk militant peace march Monday moon casts shadows
lovers rendezvous #65 moonlight on lake #79 needle on tray new dawn nob-kneed calf Nook book November old dog
#35 old friend #64 one black shoe #10  overhead fan paint dribbles #74 pajama day Pandas sun #45 parched earth #82 Paris bombing
park bench path home pave with tolerance pebble in creek pen meets paper #87 pie pillow unattended # pine needles
plot moves #42 poem marathon perennial kid parole prayer beads prink poetry #60 prissy parrot pumpkin patch #71 purple haze
#63 purple sky #17 quarter moon #58 quizicle rabbits rain clouds clammer rainy Sunday raked red-tailed hawk
#36 redwood limb respite rickety barn rite of passage scrapbook seaweed #30 seconds jet seedlings
shadow shrinks shadows cast shards of love #ship #72 shooting star # silent engine six hours #49 sizzling sausage
sleep can wait sleepless mind slick asphalt small child # small spider small stone snake suns #45 snail pace
snow dumps in May #soft breeze breaks solitude breeds patience sound of garbage truck #47 sound of housework # sow and mow speed #92 splash of lime
#61 sport of kings Spring grass #62 stand up comic starting over sticks and moss stranded goat #77a stroke #70 stubbed toe
#103 subway bombings summer surf sun waits taco Tuesday tall horse tar black wings tardy sun taste of barbeque
taste of metal #43 tax time terror wins #86 Thanksgiving they wait thirsty child # thirsty soil thousand candles
three broken bones three little girls throw away time Thursday afternoon toddler's treasure torn Valentine #3 evergreen /#4  treetops #59 truth
#2 TV & computer #16 two are one #54 two worlds vase overturned # victim sister vivid color #34 voting vows broken #56 waking with sunrise
watch parrot welcome to Wales #91 weighted limbs #62 western shore #26 wet asphalt wet dog wet Wednesday #38 winter garden
#75 winter rain #39 winter stars whispered secrets white wind #90 widow maker  woman watchess year passed yellow roses
you left your ring your eyes

2016 Haiku Journal  and Others

Autumn                        band of bandits            Barn Owl                     breakers crash            burqa                           #4 clean counter           
crocus bloom #5 crusty eye deaf to a song   fairy secrets #6 fatigue fawn
first glimpse Friday night market frog croaks frost colored leaves #3 gloom #2 gun-metal
heart's desire HoneySuckle lake of ice leaf floats lonely heart #1 New Year
next to doe one crocus blooms pine tree falls rain slicked trail reflection of Spring        #7 Rumi
struggling garden temple grounds  whisper of lies

2017 Haiku Journal, Train, American Sentence, Cinquains and Tankas

#4 ant attack T #2 Barcelona blackbird diner         bold fledglings #30 bottle rockets #40 bound books
#27 brain swims #2 C notes           #32 calendar marked #9 cancer consult       #7 care dog T #4 Charlottesville
#1AS cold fingers #31 corn drips #3AS crystal water #1 Daisy                      deemed doomed empty pasture             
falling rocks #8 flowered table         forest of tallons forgotten garden       Friday traffic            frigid raindrops
fruit rots #24 girls entertain gloom golden garden golden flight #23 guide wire
#25 hand touches #26 icky red stuff #10 Jelly Beans      #11 jump off train keeper of memories  #6 large needle          
#38 laughing summer #39 love's favorite #35 lush spring #41 MOM #17 monster machine #2AS no moon
#22 nuked #16 ocean mist #12 old Husky #52 onco test #14 orange tractor #29 pain on hold
#33 pathology # permission #3 poet to reader pregnant buds prelude #5 questions
#36 royal iris #28 Sara's shrimp #47 Scent on fingers #43 shadowed iceberg single bloom silhouette
single bloom #4AS smell of Lavender  sky's promise #13 spikey palms St Francis #45 stenciled window
#50 summer heat #37 sunset's glory #51 sweet Daisy #18 test tube #34 tumor too large traffic lights    
tremored hand     #20 vampire vial #21 warm and cozy #15 warm hugs West wind #42 window fan
#49 widow-maker #48 windy country road woodpecker #46 your face young girl's face  #44 Zambezi cascades

Scott with Sara and oldest girls.jpgMy son Scott with wife Sara and his two oldest girls, Allexa 9 and Trinity 12 with his 3rd daughter, 6 yr old Brooklyn looking on. Going to a Quiceñiera. (Brooklyn has to stay home with little brother Camden and Grandma and she isn't happy about it.

c3c553cc-d222-465f-92ae-040317443986_zps34347_423035759840_503989840_4241231_365
Brooklyn aka Fuzzy and Allexa

My grandchildren 429187_10151225265734841_1665408276_n.jp
Camden 3, Brooklyn 5, Allexa 9 and Trinity 12

MayChildhoodStrokeAwareness_zpsc11fc2d7.Brooklyn May 1, 2013 Childhood Stroke Awareness Month.

Trinity TrinityMay22013_zps1097b23a.jpg

d568af29-f9bb-42c2-8799-103029c042b0_zps

November 30, 1963, I was giving Bob a bite of our cake when I heard from the crowd "Let him have it, Jude..." and I just couldn't resist. It's been a challenging but fun ride ever since.

~~Tink