Poetry Magnum Opus

Logging in but logging out!

goldenlangur

Hi,

The last couple of days I've had some problems when logging in - I click log in, the wheel on the top of the screen spins, spins, spins and then stops and I can't log in. It happened a few times. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Hello Goldenlangur. I am sorry that you are having a problem with logging in. There is no problem that we are aware of. But there are two possibilities for that kind of problem:

First - there may be similar problem when there is some maintenance may taking place, and that happens once in a while and the board can go slow for a while.

Second - Your own connection problem.

Please let us know if this is happening a lot. Once a day might be considered normal, but many times a day is not. Please let us know how often it happens.

Thanks for alerting us to the fact that there might be a problem. Please keep us posted.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Aleksandra for explaining the possible reasons:

First - there may be similar problem when there is some maintenance may taking place, and that happens once in a while and the board can go slow for a while.

This may well be the problem when I tried to log in.

Re this point:

Second - Your own connection problem.

Connections here are much speedier and better than before and I have not had problems when googling.

Please let us know if this is happening a lot. Once a day might be considered normal, but many times a day is not. Please let us know how often it happens.

I'm very happy to say that this time I got in without any problem :icon_sunny:

Thanks for alerting us to the fact that there might be a problem. Please keep us posted.

I will let me know if it happens again.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Hi,

The last couple of days I've had some problems when logging in - I click log in, the wheel on the top of the screen spins, spins, spins and then stops and I can't log in. It happened a few times. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Hi, golden,

I wonder if logging in is a mandatory feature. Ever since I joined, it seems ther is a 'cookie' generated in my browser w/o me doing anything. This means that when I open my/browser/home page, all I have to do is click the DOWNarrow in the address slot which then gives me a pulldown menu of all my most often used sites. All I have to do is select/click the site I want and I am there w/o having to log in. Of course, all that may depend on your type of ISP/browser/home page. Adn I DO NOT HAVE TO LOG OUT EITHER

I hope this helps. Alex and/or tonyv may have more to add on.

waxwings

Bless you waxwings for giving this some thought. :D You may well have a point here:

Of course, all that may depend on your type of ISP/browser/home page.

Thank you very much.

goldenlangur