Club name: “Farewell”

The last word

In clubbing

Ultimate in

Club-ability

Saying nothing

Except: “Farewell”

Hi Frank,

I like this thought-provoking poem with its clubbing references and fresh expressions like complete clubber. I also like the aggrandizement here:

The last word

In clubbing

Ultimate in

Club-ability,

and how you sum it up in the last lines:

Saying nothing

Except: “Farewell.”

Concise. Nice to see you!

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Frank E Gibbard

Hello again Tony thanks for the welcoming response here Administrator sir.

Just had a quick look around the membership list for old friends and spotting the postless Farewell it struck me as amusing, sounds like a sign-off. No offence to the one registering under the name. Hope they will see the joke if they see my short jest.

Thanks for having me in the new forum (I tried for ages but couldn't get on)

Cheers, Frank

Hi again Frank,

I had no idea you had problems accessing the site. I wish I had known sooner; I would have looked into it. Summayya had trouble accessing the site for a long time also, but it is finally working for her, too.

As for our member Farewell, I sent her an email (as I do with all new members whom I don't recognize), and I did received a reply. She is a friend of Badge, and I hope she posts soon.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

goldenlangur

Hello Frank,

My previous response to your poem was swallowed! So here I am again. It's good to see you posting here again after many moons!

I like the humour and the witty reference to "Farewell" and the idea of "club-ability". "Clubbing " - the play here to allude to participation in a forum is brilliant.

I'm sure Jen will be delighted by this witty poem for her.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Frank E Gibbard

To Tony, thanks again for getting back to my earlier post. That's good to hear that Farewell should not be living up to her nom de website. Cheers Frank

Frank E Gibbard
Hello Frank,

My previous response to your poem was swallowed! So here I am again. It's good to see you posting here again after many moons!

goldenlangur

icon_biggrin.png Very good to be able to join with you and others I missed GL, thanks for the kind comment on Farewell. Frank