Poetry Magnum Opus

A Shameless Plug for the Reference Section

Tinker

I know some of you occasionally scroll down to the reference section but naturally the primary focus here is the Member's Poetry which is as it should be.

However, with the recent change of format at PMO, the reference section went through extensive "clean up" and a little reorganization. I am really pleased with how it has turned out. There is certainly more out there to research and I will add it when I find it. I am searching. adding, improving, clarifying all of the time. But I think most of whatever is out there about the craft of writing poetry has now been documented here.  And I am always open to ideas, suggestions, corrections you may have, just let me know.

So if you have some time and are so inclined, scroll down the page check it out.. Or if you have writer's block and need some ideas to jump start your muse the world of poetry is a treasure box of ideas, maybe a new approach to an old idea is just what you need. See how the cultures of the world approach writing.....Explore the Craft of Writing From Around the World ...

Pick a genre, pick a culture, pick a structure, pick a technique or meter, explore! You might find it fun.

Over 1400 Genres, Devices, Movements, Stanzaic Form & Verse Form - A - B- C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z -

Also See Glossary of Poetic Terms A - B - C - D - E -F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W-X-Y-Z

Alpha Index A-D

Alpha Index E-O

Alpha Index P-Z

The Frame   Epics & Odes Invented Forms             Light Verse Sonnets
African Verse American Verse Arabic Verse Chinese Verse English Verse
French Verse German Verse Greek Verse Indian Verse Irish Verse
Italian Verse Japanese Verse           Korean Verse                 Latin Verse                  Nordic Verse    
Scot Verse Semitic Verse Slavic Verse Southeast Asian Verse             Spanish Verse
Tibetan Verse                 Welsh Verse      

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

The work you have put in here is outstanding. It's good to be able to browse many of the things that would take forever to find on the net or in libraries etc:. It makes this site a most useful tool: a reference/study point even for those who choose not to post their poetry. Thank you for all your efforts. Geoff. :smile:

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Tinker: <smiles> <....>

You are so amazing Judy. I occasionally do scroll and look through the resources you have listed. The few times I have seriously gone through some of the extensive library you posted I have gone away with more enlightenment for the poems I have written. The wealth of knowlege, wisdom, and understanding you preesented on this forum of poetry makes us allhere only wiser in the poery universe.

Now that you are done reorganiing it I will have a lookse. All I can say is a big thank-you. I hope those that just are passer-bys of this forum who look through your efforts truly get impressed at you work. And that they marvel over your garganteous efforts.

Victor Michael

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Hi Tink,

Just to add my deep gratitude for your immense work in the Reference Section of PMO. It is a veritable feast for all, both novice and veterans of poetry. :smile:

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, not aware of this section. This is a great resource like the Poetry Dictionary I bring from time to time. Thanks, Tinker.

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach