Poetry Magnum Opus

Booze And Drugs.....As A Source Of Creativity

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Cigerettes And Booze And Drugs.....As A Source Of Creativity...

How do all you creative people out there all over the world feel about art being influenced to newer heights by the usages of poisons, basically?

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Larsen M. Callirhoe

i feel different then most about this subject. i would have believed no way that it should be allowed as a creative juice in poetry or music ore in arts in general. after my accident happened i feel differently now then i used to as of modern times. i take drugs and it helps me with my writings, seriously. now i am no ttalking about becoming a drug addict mind ya, i just am insinuating it does alter your artist precepitions.

i take quite a bit of drugs/ medications including pain meds because of spinal cord pain stemming from a car accident where i broke my neck in 1996.

anyone... i am just looking to spark conversation... any takers???

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Larsen M. Callirhoe

i know the author heminway took drugs and drank. but we see many rockers and rappers who wore or was drugs addicts and alkies. i am not saying it is right morally but once you have a family you need to grow up and there comes a time when you need to be responible in life.

the doors tripping on acid came up with some amazing music. as for poets many of olden times drank and wore enraged methinks. like lovecraft.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

• 2 weeks later...

Someone I know who writes inspiring but dark poetry was afraid to take medication that she thought might slow or change her creative process. To me, the medication did not affect the work negatively. I write whenever something whacks my brain, whether I've had a glass of wine or not. I quit smoking long before I started writing, so I can't say if it would affect anything negatively except my whole body.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi badge you might have check mate with your very decisive remark. but in the fact i don't know if everything is wrong in that context but abusive behavior of impurities to the body. there is definite consequences for negative actions. while we come up with interesting stuff impared for the most part it brings awful stage performaces and people act terible impared unless they use it in moderations. most people like the high as they start out but crash an burn because of lack of descrition. they OD because they don't know what these harmful substances can do to the body. i love taking drugs my facvorite being demoral with phenigan. you get sleepy, and high. you become plucid and relaxed and suspectible to be with the feeling of freedom. but we take to much wanting the high to continue when it is all down hill spiraling fast afterwards real quickly. sooo...

i got this question off of carlo aka pawn shop rest his soul in peace....

Larsen M. Callirhoe

• 3 weeks later...

There are many great artists who have indulged in mind altering substances to assist in their creative processes. Some real art has been the result but there has been an equal amount of unintelligible, endless crap produced while under the influence. There are many more great artists who have produced amazing creative works without such assistance. I am with Badger, the destruction that goes hand in hand with the use of such drugs out weighs the value of any art that which might be produced.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com