Poetry Magnum Opus
  • Announcements

• tonyv

Registration -- to join PMO ***UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS***   03/14/2017

Automatic registration has been disabled. If you would like to join the Poetry Magnum Opus online community, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page and follow these instructions: 1. Check your email (including your spam folder) in a timely fashion for a reply. 2. After you receive a reply, use the "Sign Up" link at the top right corner of the page to create your account. Do this fast. I've lost my patience with people who use the "Contact Us" link to express interest in joining and then don't bother to check their email for a reply and don't bother to join after registration has been enabled. The queue fills up fast with spammers, and I have to spend my time sifting through the rubbish to delete them. The window of opportunity for joining will be short. I will not have my time wasted. If you don't check your email and you don't bother registering promptly, you will find that registration has been disabled and your future requests to join may go ignored. /s/ Tony ___________________ [Registration will only be enabled for a short while from the time your message is received, so please check your email for a reply and register within 12 hours of using the "Contact Us" link. (Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't see a reply to your message.)]
    • tonyv

IMPORTANT: re Logging In to PMO ***Attention Members***   03/15/2017

For security purposes, please use your email address when logging in to the site. This will prevent your account from being locked when malicious users try to log in to your account using your publicly visible display name. If you are unable to log in, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
    • tonyv

Blogs   05/01/2017

Blogs are now accessible to Guests. Guests may read and reply to blog entries. We'll see how this works out. If Guest participation becomes troublesome, I'll disable Guest access. Members are encouraged to make use of the PMO Members' Promotional Blog to promote their published works. Simply add your latest entry to the blog. Include relevant information (your name or screen name, poem title, periodical name, hyperlink to the site where published, etc). If you have a lot of them and feel you need your own blog, let me know, and I will try to accommodate you. Members are encouraged to continue also posting their promotional topics in the Promotions forum on the board itself which is better suited for archiving promotions.
Sign in to follow this  
Tinker

Feed My Sheep #14 Poem a Day (spiritual content)

Lectio Divina - Meditation on Sunday Reading
3rd Sunday of Easter Cycle C

Feed My Sheep
John 21:15-16 "Feed my sheep" "Tend my flock"

Peter is charged
to build His church
with food and shelter.

How did he so stray?
The directive simple
without exclusion,
nurture and protect.

Christ wrote the recipe
for preparing His bread
using grains of love, hope,
tolerance and forgiveness.

And his blueprint
for a strong shelter
is built on a foundation
of truth, compassion and justice.

From earlier scripture
"knock and it will be opened",
deems His flock inclusive
without judgement,
that's His job.

And how am I charged?
And do I stray or stay?

Stray or stay?

Perhaps, like the Prodigal, we all return in the end.....somehow, some way. Good rhyme, BTW.

Thanks Marti, An on going struggle, not with my faith but with the church I was called to. The Sunday readings just reignited the flame. Vatican III is long past due.

~~Tink

This biblical citation is very much familiar. The progression of your verses, helped establish the critical choice. I like the alliteration in the first stanza, Tink.

Hi Tink, I like the way this moves from the contemplative and general, to the personal.

Thanks,

- Dave