Registration -- to join PMO ***UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS*** Read more... ×
Poetry Magnum Opus
tonyv

An "In Memoriam" Forum

tonyv

We have a few members who have passed on. If you think we need an "In Memoriam" forum and would like to curate it, let me know. I, myself, have too much to do and can't be involved with that, but if you would like to see such a forum featured, step up! It should be rich in content, perhaps featuring the member, his picture, and some of his works. Of course, the passing of the member should be confirmed and the commemorative topic(s) should be dignified.

Tinker

I think this a great idea but the problem is we often don't know if an absent member has passed or just stopped writing or simply moved on to a different site.  We know for sure we have lost Frank and Victor.  I suspect we have also lost Ike aka waxwings.   But others I can only speculate.  I would hate to write a memorial  and then have them show up healthy  writing else where. Well I would be very happy to find they are OK and hopefully still writing but the memorial would be a little embarrassing.  

~~Tink

tonyv
On 1/26/2019 at 12:16 PM, Tinker said:

I think this a great idea but the problem is we often don't know if an absent member has passed or just stopped writing or simply moved on to a different site … I would hate to write a memorial  and then have them show up healthy  writing else where.

Yes, the demise of any member would have to be confirmed by whoever wants to memorialize him. And no obituaries/death notices in advance as media outlets have let leak on more than one occasion to their great embarrassment. Happened recently with a Supreme Court judge and not too long before that with a musician who was hospitalized and reported dead when he didn't actually die until a short time later!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.