Poetry Magnum Opus

Invitation Received From "The Tangled Branch" re "National Poetry Month"

tonyv

Hello Everyone,

I received an email from poetry forum "The Tangled Branch" inviting our members to participate there. While PMO is not affiliated with The Tangled Branch, there is a link to it in the "Other Sites" topic in our Promotions forum, and I'm aware that some PMO members may already be members there. Reproduced below is the email I received and two attachments that came with it. (Be sure to check out the attachments, one of which is a handy step-by-step guide for joining "The Tangled Branch." I'll pin this topic here in Member Poetry for the Month of April, so that members here may benefit. Afterward, I'll move this to the Other Sites topic in Promotions.

image.png

Step by Step Instructions.pdf

Flyer.pdf

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

• tonyv pinned this topic

I'm a member of Tangled Branches though not an active member.  I joined more to lurk than participate.   I think I posted one response to something I read a couple of years ago and that is it.   

It appears they are inviting us to join in the US National Poetry Month Challenge.  The same challenge that I wrote about in this last week's Tinker's Blog and for which I set up a thread in the Playground.  They are taking it more seriously since they have set up a forum for poets to create their own threads for each poem entered.   They are small but have a loyal membership of which, last year, 7 committed to writing a poem a day and 4 accomplished the goal while the other 3 posted what they could.   At Writing.com there were several more participants of which I believe 12 accomplished the entire 30 poems, but it appears the person who led the challenge is too busy this year and has yet to set up a forum for participation. Which is disappointing since the support of others in the challenge is what kept me going last year and I was one of the 12.   I also posted my poems here but was alone in the challenge at PMO and therefore no one to commiserate with or to encourage me.  Frank Gibbard was my inspiration in the challenge here when he was alive. 

If you choose to take up the challenge at Tangled Branches, please also post your poems somewhere at PMO, whether in the thread I set up for all participants or creating your own thread or simply posting in Member Poetry or Overflow.  

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

They are small but have a loyal membership of which, last year, 7 committed to writing a poem a day and 4 accomplished the goal while the other 3 posted what they could … If you choose to take up the challenge at Tangled Branches, please also post your poems somewhere at PMO, whether in the thread I set up for all participants or creating your own thread or simply posting in Member Poetry or Overflow.  

Well Judi, you know me. I'm lucky if I post one poem every thirty days. (And that doesn't usually happen.):excl:

Tony :laugh::rolleyes:

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

So is PMO ok with a flood of 30 poems? 😉 Under Member Poetry? How bout the rest of use? It doesn't have to be good, just a part of the challenge;-) -- Juris

Yes Juris,  Post them where you want them.  I am thrilled that someone else from PMO is picking up the gauntlet.     I'm pretty much keeping mine in one thread in the Playground.  But I will post a few in Member Poetry.   

~~Judi

• 1 month later...

Well, congratulations to our poem per day for a month participants. @dr_con and @Tinker, you've done a great job. I hope you had fun. 😊

I'll probably move this topic to one of the CLUBS topics in a few days, perhaps to the site suggestions club topic so that it might serve as a reminder for next year. A Club might even be a suitable venue, especially if there are more participants.

Tony 👏 <<<That's a clapping hands emoji 😄

21 hours ago, tonyv said:

Well, congratulations to our poem per day for a month participants. @dr_con and @Tinker, you've done a great job. I hope you had fun. 😊

I'll probably move this topic to one of the CLUBS topics in a few days, perhaps to the site suggestions club topic so that it might serve as a reminder for next year. A Club might even be a suitable venue, especially if there are more participants. 

Tony 👏 <<<That's a clapping hands emoji 😄

Congratulations to @dr_con.        

I fizzled out in the end but amazingly DC you just kept going.    Yes the topic should be moved but I'm afraid if you put it into a club forum, it will never be read.  Why not the Playground?  And I have been in a few daily poem challenges and they get grueling.  I will still try to write something daily but maybe play with one poem at a time for a day or two.  

~~Tink

PS   Tony,  How did you create the link to the member names.  Something new and I tried to figure it out but came up blank.   Explain please so I can use in the the future.

4 hours ago, Tinker said:

Yes the topic should be moved but I'm afraid if you put it into a club forum, it will never be read.  Why not the Playground?

Playground is fine. I'll move the topic there. Maybe for next year's event I'll make a separate forum in the Playground for the poem/day. 

4 hours ago, Tinker said:

PS   Tony,  How did you create the link to the member names.  Something new and I tried to figure it out but came up blank.   Explain please so I can use in the future.

Just put the @ symbol and start typing a member's name. A list should populate immediately below where you can click on the member you want to tag.

• tonyv unpinned this topic