something we both really wanted to see.
And then there was Hürth, in autumn -- modern
apartments leading us to Columbus Day --
but it's too late. You're a lesbian.
It's much too late for me. Really,
we are out of mind and pocket.
And all the poems, movies, and sculptures
dedicated, not to you, but me.

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

eclipse

great narrative -reminds me of Bukowski

tonyv
2 hours ago, eclipse said:

great narrative -reminds me of Bukowski

Thank you, Barry! That's high praise for two reasons: 1. coming from you, and 2. Bukowski. 😄

I was sitting around yesterday and wanted to write a poem quickly. This one was probably the fastest one I ever wrote, at 30 minutes max: fifteen minutes pen to paper, then another fifteen minutes at the keyboard, mostly just messing with line breaks. 

I had made a second topic about Robert Lowell in Favorite poets. He was proloific, and I started off wanting to emulate him. Obviously, this isn't as erudite as his work, but Bukowski ... hadn't considered that. Thank you, again.

Tony 😎

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

badger11

I was sitting around yesterday and wanted to write a poem quickly. This one was probably the fastest one I ever wrote, at 30 minutes max: fifteen minutes pen to paper, then another fifteen minutes at the keyboard, mostly just messing with line breaks. 

I'm very pleased to read this. I believe such poems don't take '30 minutes' to write, but are rather an outcome of years of living with poetry.

I've been drinking, looking at pictures
of your village. I'm an alcoholic,

That's a devastating opening.

best

Phil

Tinker
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, tonyv said:

I've been drinking, looking at pictures
of your village. I'm an alcoholic,

Hi Tony,  I agree with Badger, this opening numbed me.  I didn't want to respond to it.  It hurt just to read it.  I know, I am not to assume the poet is the narrator but it sounds so honest.  I wanted to cry.

15 hours ago, badger11 said:

I believe such poems don't take '30 minutes' to write, but are rather an outcome of years of living with poetry.

And I agree again with Badge, and think his quote above is genius as is your poem.

~~Judi

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

tonyv
18 hours ago, badger11 said:

I'm very pleased to read this. I believe such poems don't take '30 minutes' to write, but are rather an outcome of years of living with poetry.

Phil, I'm super excited to read your thoughts on this. I didn't think anyone would like or be enthusiastic about this poem, nor had I considered the possibility that its source could be a wellspring. Thank you for your encouraging reply.

Tony

tonyv
3 hours ago, Tinker said:

Hi Tony,  I agree with Badger, this opening numbed me.  I didn't want to respond to it.  It hurt just to read it.  I know, I am not to assume the poet is the narrator but it sounds so honest.  I wanted to cry. 

Judi, I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause anxiety or alarm. When it comes to seemingly autobiographical elements, to the fact to fiction ratio in the literal or metaphorical, please be assured that I personally am okay. Thank you for your kindness, for your considerate reply.

Tony :happy: