Hear the names ghosting forwards

Back into the cave, the waves

She bathes alone, she prays alone,

Cleansing her skin, night and day

Hear the voices chanting her name

Back into the cave, the waves

Edited by badger11

tonyv

This poem has a "siren song"-like feel to it, Badge. I enjoy your distinctive blend of ecclesiasticism and secularity ... a lot. I hear echoes of lyra in this one.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

badger11

Thanks Tony. Still doodling with this one. Title's still not right. Who/what is lyra?

badge

tonyv

badger11 wrote:

Thanks Tony. Still doodling with this one. Title's still not right. Who/what is lyra?

Ah, Badge, I guess I meant to write "the lyre" and not lyra.

Btw, I love this one ... Would it be okay if I read it for The Audio Weekend? icon_biggrin.png

Tony icon_smile.gif

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

badger11

Please do Tony. That would be a great help.

Loved the picture.

badge

tonyv

It was a challenging read, Badge. I tried around twenty times until I got a version with which I'm somewhat, though not 100%, satisfied. I posted it. Hope you like it ...

Tony

badger11
It was a challenging read, Badge. I tried around twenty times until I got a version with which I'm somewhat, though not 100%, satisfied. I posted it. Hope you like it ...

Tony

Tony such a perfectionist! And, of course, you brought the words alive!

badge icon_biggrin.png

waxwings

I cannot know everything, badge. Does the painting/ have a title, who did it etc.?

waxwings

Is the maid w/lyre the Mary of your poem? The sirens were at least two in count. The poem mystifies!!

tonyv
Is the maid w/lyre the Mary of your poem? The sirens were at least two in count. The poem mystifies!!

The way I read it was that it was definitely "Mary" swimming, but I could sense the reader watching her. He has a fondness, a desire, for her which is realized from afar. So, in some way, it is the speaker swimming towards her, as in the picture. He is drawn to her. I definitely felt that part ...

Tony

badger11

"The way I read it was that it was definitely "Mary" swimming, but I could sense the reader watching her. He has a fondness, a desire, for her which is realized from afar. So, in some way, it is the speaker swimming towards her, as in the picture. He is drawn to her. I definitely felt that part ..."

What a beautiful notion Tony and, in a sense, how the writer felt too...not so much a desire, but for me an empathy.

badge

Aleksandra

I am lost between your words my friends. Badge the poem is amazing. I Love it. It has some mistic sense, and brings tender feelings, sadness and loneliness.

Much enjoyed

Aleksandra icon_smile.gif

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Terry L shuff

Voices of her subconscious,  calling to her, she keeps trying to escape them even praying about it , waves keep pulling her back, into that dark memory, represented by a dark cave.............or not.   maybe its the authors subconscious.  manifesting itself in the poem. ...or  mine manifesting itself  in my analysis. ?  more money for my shrink lol.

badger11

An old one Terry. I have re-written and re-shaped since then, but probably too archaic to ever float.

Thanks for reading

badge