Poetry Magnum Opus

well wishes for joel and his country

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Larsen M. Callirhoe

joel's country the philiphines had a typhoon hit them yesterday. 80 died in the storm. there was a major tradegy in his nation though. a ferry boat capsized with aprox 740 passengers and crew aboard. there were only a few survivors. so however you believe pray or send well wishes to joel. he lives in a tropical paradise in my opinion but it is now flooded in many parts of that country.

hang in there joel.

larsen aka victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Aleksandra

Ah how bad news Victor, I didn't heard about this. I hope Joel is fine.

Joel, our hearts and prayers are with you.

Be well and God keep you

ALeksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Good wishes from me too - there has been much news coverage of this tragedy and our thoughts and prayers for the victims and for JoelJosol's beautiful land.

Very thoughtful of you Victor to post this thread.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Thank you, Viktor, for the prayers. Thank you too, Aleksandra and GL.

The typhoon took a different path at the last minute catching many people unawares especially those who made decisions for travel based on its original path. I have a sister-in-law who was in the original path. When we got news that there was no typhoon in her area (Bicol province, south-east of Luzon island), we belatedly realized it shifted direction.

I was on the road during the typhoon. Some trees fell. Some signs fell on the road. It was the smaller islands in central Philippines that got hit hardest. My poem was for those who died in the ferry boat who unfortunately sailed into the storm's new path.

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach

Aleksandra

I'm glad that you are fine and were safe Joel.

I'm sorry for the people who lost their lives there ...

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Joel, It is always sad when we read of tragedy, lives lost, lives violently disrupted, no matter where they occur in the world. But when it isn't happening in your part of the world, a sympathetic sigh or a silent momentary concern is the usual reaction. It is an abstract that is difficult to connect to.

The poetry of the internet is that we become friends with people from all over the world, concrete friendships from shared ideas and mutual interests and when something happens in "their" part of the world, we are no longer detatched. It is no longer over there somewhere. It is personal, a friend is there now, the heart stops and breath comes quickly. We fear for our friend and his loved ones. Your tragedy becomes my tragedy. I am happy to read that you are safe and my prayers are with your family and countrymen.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com