Poetry Magnum Opus

Happy winter!

tilsover

First of all, thanks and leave it to you, Tony, for defining Full Snow Moon. Where I live and the life style I've chosen, it is for real, and though I have a computer and power to run it, I sometimes wonder how things will be as I age. But life is for living, not worrying, right?

I haven't visited here for quite some time, and it's good to see the regulars contributing. I hesitate to name names in fear of omission, but I see Douglas and Dr. Con from PC. Douglas's encouragement on that other site kept me going when I perhaps wouldn't have, and Con had my number from the start. Their poetic mind set is beyond me.

I'm going to try to stay with this for a while, but of course, I never know what tomorrow may bring. I have some reading to do to catch up on the wonderful poetry posted here, but if I may, please, everyone, see the poem "a tilted lampshade." It is brilliant.

I envy those enjoying spring. I need the snow we have to finish my work, but it was 15 below this morn at dawn. I wouldn't mind it warming a little. To all of you, please continue. You really are quite something.

Finally, to the heartbeat of PMO, Aleksandra -- my best.

-- tilsover

Nice to see you, Tilsover, and Happy Winter to you, too! I'm glad you like the Full Snow Moon.icon_smile.gif

I agree with you about "A Tilted Lampshade." And we certainly have some fine, encouraging members here -- you're one of them!icon_biggrin.png

As for this:

Where I live and the life style I've chosen, it is for real, and though I have a computer and power to run it, I sometimes wonder how things will be as I age. But life is for living, not worrying, right?

... I never know what tomorrow may bring ...

I need the snow we have to finish my work

... I'm intrigued and would love to know more. (Daring suggestion: perhaps something about it in the prose section.icon_idea.png) After all, fifteen below is quite extreme for a human... almost "unearthly." I was reading THIS article today about how a mosquito survived in outer space and also came across THIS article about an Alaskan beetle that can survive temps as low as -238F/-150C!

Thanks again for the kind topic and also for the perfect metaphor for Aleksandra; she's a star3.png, and we wouldn't have PMO without her.icon_smile.gif I hope you yourself can stick around some more, too. But no pressure ... the door is always open.

Tony icon_biggrin.png

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Aleksandra

Dear tilsover. Thank you for yours lovely words about our board. I am glad to see how nice thoughts you have.

I hope all is fine with you. So the winter works for you icon_smile.gif, and that is nice to hear icon_smile.gif.

Finally, to the heartbeat of PMO, Aleksandra -- my best.

icon_redface.gif what to say... I am happy to hear this icon_smile.gif.

Tony thanks to you too. If I am a star3.png all of you are my sky icon_smile.gif, so without you the star wouldn't shine icon_wink.gif.

I am sorry for my absence too, but I am around my friends.

Tilsover, I hope to see you more as much as you can to visit us.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia