Poetry Magnum Opus

My grandson is here

Tinker

Wanted to share the excitement, my son and his wife today had their 4th child, a boy!

Trinity, Allexa and Brooklyn were excited to meet their baby brother Camden Scott Van Gorder 10lbs 1oz and almost 24 inches long. Baby and Mom are doing great!

~~Tinker

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

After three granddaughters! That was worth waiting for. Felicitations.

Congratulations Tinker for the addition to the family! A big family!

Waxwings, your remark made me smile. icon_lol.gif

What if a girl again? As long as the baby is healthy.

Thanks all. It is a special event. My son and his wife are great parents.

LOL, yes Lake we like our beautiful girls... We have celebrated each one of them and a 4th girl would have been very welcome. But we are also happy that we now have a boy, it will be a new adventure for all of them... Although I kind of feel sorry for the poor boy with 3 older sisters to contend with... Yikes.

And after having our 3rd girl born with only half a brain there was concern for the health of this new baby. He was at risk for the same condition and the doctors did suggest they might want to terminate the pregnancy at 5 months...We had the threat of possible downs syndrome or brain damage through most of the pregnancy all for naught. He is a healthy beautiful baby with no signs of abnormalities. He had an ultra sound on his brain this morning and things appear very normal... They only tested him because of Fuzzy's condition.

As an update for those of you who remember my concern when my granddaughter Fuzzy was diagnosed: Fuzzy aka Brooklyn, though born paralyzed on the right side has coped beautifully. At 2 1/2 years old she is a bright and happy child. She has trained the right side of the brain to take over functions of the missing left side and is now walking (though with a slight limp), talks like a magpie (left brain controls speech and we weren't sure she would ever talk) and she is ahead of her peers in speech and cognitive skills... With continued therapy we hope that someday she will be able to use her right hand but that is so minor in the scheme of things. She seems to do everything just fine with her left hand and can't understand why the therapists and Mom and Dad keep bothering her with excercises for the right one. She is intrigued by the new baby. She is a blessing.

~~Tinker

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Tink!!!! Really happy for you and your family.

Tinker wrote:

Wanted to share the excitement, my son and his wife today had their 4th child, a boy!

Trinity, Allexa and Brooklyn were excited to meet their baby brother Camden Scott Van Gorder 10lbs 1oz and almost 24 inches long. Baby and Mom are doing great!

~~Tinker

Share your joy. star3.png Hope it will not be our loss having you too busy icon_bounce.gif to spend time here.

Tink sorry for being late to share this joy with you. Congrats. You must be proud with all of yours grandkids.

Alek

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia