Poetry Magnum Opus
Aleksandra

When we are busy...

Wistful Poet

Wow it's been awhile....ok here's a quick update: I'll start my second year of college next month, I'll be majoring in nursing, my poetry was published on my campus' lit magizine, made a lot of friends in college, and I'm still writing poetry, and I'm working as a nurse's aide this summer and I still have my horse and my family recently added a dog we call Huey.

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

tonyv

Great to see you, Wistful! It's also good to find out that you've chosen to pursue a fine, marketable skill as a profession. I have a lot of respect for nurses. My mother was a nurse until I was born, at which point she became just a mom. I hope you will continue to write, too.

Thanks for checking in, saying hello, and giving us an update as to your whereabouts. I'm sure you're busy, but do come here whenever you can.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Wistful Poet

No prob Tony!

Anyone know whatever happened to Nia or did she change her name?

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

Larsen M. Callirhoe
No prob Tony!

Anyone know whatever happened to Nia or did she change her name?

hi Wistful Poet, Nia sort of had a fallout with Aleksandra. This forum has run completely without her. the old forum she was never a member of either. the first pmo board she left right before it got deleted. i talked to nia june 5 or 6 that is the last time i heard from her. she is still a member of poetry connection but she doesn't post much and really doesnt say much either to me the few times we have talked in the last 2 years. for about a year we did talk everyday just about. i don't know why nia got upset with aleksandra but she is the reason so nia says why she wants no part of this forum. nia has moved on and so has aleksandra. i know aleksandra is sad about this but can you do. we are all not happy that nia wants no part of aleksandra's friendship.

larsen aka victor

Aleksandra

I hope the summer would be inspirational for all of us. We have missing friends so I hope all will come back with some fresh poetry :).

Enjoy the summer PMO members!

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Tinker

Sorry, I have been missing for a while. Beside the usual "busy for the holidays" excuse, my son (who most of you know is a police officer) was injured a week before Christmas. Family Photo

While in a high speed pursuit a motorist cut him off, hitting his bike and throwing him 100 feet from the point of impact. The bike is totalled. He was touch and go for a bit, he hit the ground so hard his helmet visor had to be pryed from the asphalt. We had a fright and the holidays were put on hold. Thankfully he is going to be fine. He has a concussion and is still dealing with dizziness issues, broke his wrist, tore his bicept, sprained his neck and shoulder and has abundant road rash and bruising but hopes to be back on the job in 6 to 8 weeks. He hurts but is in good spirits and is bored to tears. The kids got their Christmas with daddy at home and didn't even notice it was quieter, more low key than usual. I just got back from So California where I have been helping out with the kids while my daughter-in-law focused on him.

We are blessed, Happy Holidays to all...

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

tonyv

Wow, Tink, what a scare! Those are some serious injuries. They may have put a damper on the holidays, but there's lots of brightness in the fact that he'll be okay. (You might even be able to alleviate his boredom a little by introducing him to poetry :D ... Some forms, perhaps? :blush: )

Thanks for checking in and for the warm holiday wishes. Happy holidays to you and yours, too, and godspeed for your son's recovery.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Lake

What a bummer, Tinker. Hope your son will get well soon. There's a saying in Chinese "After surving a great disaster, one is bound to have good fortune in later years."

Best wishes!

Lake

Tinker

Aleks, Tony and Lake, Thank you for your good wishes. This was more of a scare than a disaster, my son is doing fine and things are almost back to normal already.

Thanks again for your support.

~~Tink

Aleksandra

Hello, people. I am happy to see you all around posting, being active and creative. I was a little away and now I am trying to jump back in. I see I have a lot of job here, and that makes me happy, plenty to read and work on :). I am excited because of that, and I will try to catch most of it.

I missed you all and I am happy to jump back in :). And also I hope my muse comes back to me :huh: -- probably sleeps somewhere hidden from me, but I'll find it ;).

Aleksandra.

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Good to see you around Aleksandra and victor :)

Look forward to reading you both again.

Edited by goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Tinker

Hi, My participation might be spotty for a while. I fell off a ladder while picking plums today and crushed my wrist. The ground beneath a leg of the ladder was undermined by a gopher hole, I had been up there awhile, my basket was almost full, and all of a sudden I was sitting on the ground and my left wrist was on fire. I spent most of my Sunday afternoon in the ER. Because the bone jammed up ino the joint crushing something, I need surgery. I won't know when until tomorrow, I will keep you posted.

I am fine otherwise, but it is hard typing with one hand. Just a tiny peek into the difficulty Victor must experience. I have nothing but admiration for you my friend.

~~Tink

RHommel

And in mine as well... praying for a speedy recovery and an easy surgery for you, Tink!!

~Rachel

badger11

Hope the healing is quick Tink. Plums!

badge

Tinker

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I have fallen from higher places than a plum tree, even from a horse at full gallop but have never broken anything before. It must be true what they say, when you get old your bones become brittle. I am 69, I guess I was due. (Come to think of it, my horse and I went down because my horse stepped in a gopher hole. Those darn gophers are dangerous.)

Yes Badger, our plums are late this year, and not as sweet as I expected. It has been an unusually cool summer so far. My tomatoes are still green too. We need the hot days to sweeten and ripen the fruit. But I have zucchini by the bushels and so does everyone else. I am running out of ways to prepare it.

~~~Tink

tonyv

Hey, wait just a minute .... Broken and crushed bones are no excuse for spotty participation! :unsure: But really, Tinker, I'm so sorry to hear this, especially the part about needing surgery. I've never broken a bone, so I can only imagine what the pain might be like. I did sprain my arm pretty badly one time. It was so painful -- I thought I broke it -- that I actually went to the ER.

As for zucchini, I love it grilled along with summer squash. (Though I have no love for butternut squash or pumpkin.) What to do with the excess squashes, I don't know. Perhaps you could pickle them? Alek introduced me to a Macedonian condiment called AJVAR. It's made with peppers and eggplant. I love it, and order about a dozen jars each year. I noticed among the other PRODUCTS they had pickled GRILLED ZUCCHINI. I ordered a jar of that, but ended up tossing it. Didn't really like it. :unsure: But hey, many people do, and it's another idea. :) As for the ajvar, I can't get enough of it!

Please take care and get well soon! As always, let us know if you need anything.

Tony

Lake

Ouch, Tinker, you are so brave climbing on a ladder! Wish you a quick recovery!

My mom uses zucchini to make dumplings, yummy.

Tony, you Ajvar makes my mouth watery though I've never tasted it yet.

Get well soon.

Lake

Frank E Gibbard

Get well soon Tink.

Tinker

I am leaving for Southern California tomorrow and will have only sporatic access to a computer for the next week, so I probably won't be posting much between now and a week from Monday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day... My favorite holiday. I will be cooking a feast for this special day. For those of you in other countries who don't have this holiday to look forward to and to those of you who will be gathering with family and loved one next Thursday, :wine2: I toast you all and give thanks for having the privilege to read your work and learn from you.

~~Tink

PS In our family one of the children is usually given the task of saying the Grace, it will probably be 7 year old Allexa this year because she is preparing for her First Communion and has her prayers down pat. (I had to listen to a recitation of ALL of them last night on the phone.) Then we go around the table at our Thanksgiving meal and we each take turns saying out loud what we are thankful for. The kids really get into this tradition, I know it sounds corny but it really is a special moment. Lots of laughter and love. It is easy to believe when I am so blessed.

JoelJosol

Hi guys, as usual, workload has been rather high towards the end of the year. I missed the place. Glad to be back. Will post something in a while (soon).

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach