Poetry Magnum Opus

Prose poems

waxwings

I fail to see why prose poems which better be poems (I'd like to hear any arguments against that) should be relegated to the prose section. I do write prose, can recognize the difference, and some prose can have a good deal of poetic feel to it. However, if there is need to segregate prose poems (just another 'form' of poem) we should consider a separate section.

Prose poems are not relegated to the Prose section. One of our members, Goldenlangur, requested that we make a prose section so we did that. You are welcome to post prose poems in the poetry sections.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

My bad. Still trying to figure out the ropes. Where do I post inquiries re?

waxwings wrote:

Where do I post inquiries re?

You can make a topic like you did here in General Discussion. That way, others may benefit from the question and the reply. Or you can send a PM to Alek or me if you prefer to do it that way.

Tony icon_smile.gif

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Where do I create a topic (i'm still not sure/automatic re posting protocols. If I do a PM would you then make/start that topic? And I am having problem now and then like if I now would click preview I get a blank and if then try Send get a response like "Youmust have a message" and moreover if I get out of tit I find my post does appear. Luckily there seems to be an Edit tab.

And how do I decide when a topic is new and my posting may not be taken as an add on to the topic I think I am responding to

What I meant was this: if you have a question (like you did about where to post prose poems), you could come here in the General Discussion forum, click "new topic," and make a topic for the question (just like you did with your prose poem question). If you would rather not make a topic for your question, you could simply send one of us a private message and we would reply to you by private message. We wouldn't make a topic for a question you ask in a private message unless we deem it necessary. And yes, you have to enter text in the topic or reply window for it to appear as a topic or a reply. For new topics, you also have to enter a title like you did in this topic "Prose poems."

I think you asked a very good question here about the posting of prose poems so, what I might do is leave the first four replies (including your original topic) and delete the rest of our (unrelated) discussion in this prose poem topic once the other issues are resolved.

Sounds good, tonyv. Thanks for offering a hand to a 'newbie'.

As for entering the text, I did, then decided to Preview to edit it as I had done for an earlier attempt to post before doing the Send bit. I then found I could not edit it because somehow it did get sent. When I decided to Send it anywaytied to send it I got that "must have text". Of course, I found it after going Home and revisiting that very topic. Will know better next time.

Aleksandra

Hello waxwings. I am sure you will get used to work with all these features and the right way. It is just a time of doing it. Of course you feel free to ask about anything what you need. We are here to help.

If you want to edit your already sent text, then you can click on edit button, right on the top of your posts, after quote. Then you can edit your text and click on send. And that's all.

If you need more help just ask. And as Tony said you can send us Private Messages, and we will do the help in private too.

I wish you luck, and I am happy for having you here in our board.

Enjoy

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Thanks Alex. The Edit button may not have been there or well noticeable at first, and I though Edit was limited to some not all members. And why then is the Preview option furnished, and why have I been successful, at first, do the editing in the posting window seen under the preview and then clicking Send after editing. Seems a replication of functions to me. And no need to reply this, for all is AOK now.