• Announcements

• tonyv

Registration -- to join PMO   03/14/2017

Automatic registration has been disabled. If you would like to join the Poetry Magnum Opus online community, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.
    • tonyv

IMPORTANT: re Logging In to PMO ***Attention Members***   03/15/2017

For security purposes, please use your email address when logging in to the site. This will prevent your account from being locked when malicious users try to log in to your account using your publicly visible display name. If you are unable to log in, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinker

Lambs

4 posts in this topic

Lambs

I don't remember the names

although I did attempt

to read them all.

Those names that have merged

into a date.

Real people

going about everyday lives,

running errands,

doing their jobs,

sacrificed without permission

for a cause I can't understand.

I mourn their loss,

I honor their sacrifice,

I will always remember that day.

--- Judi Van Gorder 9-11-06

Another old poem that I wanted to archive on this site. I was reminded of it when reading David's What the Future Dares which is a much more intricate piece.

sounds like you are talking about 9/11. then again maybe it is just abput the tragedy we call Life & Death. great write nevertheless. much enjoyed tinker.

victor

Many will always remember. It is a reality of our time. I think you express well the enduring ache of senselessness, unutterable loss, the irreversibility. I appreciate you sharing the role my poem played in prompting retrieval of the piece.

Thanks Judi,

- David

I never understand the destructiveness in the world Tink. As you say the real, everyday lives that are destroyed all over the world in the name of...whatever excuse.

badge