Poetry Magnum Opus

An Experience With Pain... (OBE)

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Thee day after my last of three surgical procedures on my right hip to remove it because it was gangrene my extraordinarily incredibly dear sympathetic compassionate kindhearted friend L----- R---- called me up on the telephone. She wanted to seethe if I was still okay. She had called me up the day before but could not get a hold of me, thee reason why I have forgotten. My spirits which were very downward from thee throbbing my body was in was immediately uplifted for a few short-lived minutes thee second I recognized her loving voice. I wish I couldst express to her how much agony and turmoil I was going through at this precise moment and also how much she really means to me. L----- thank you for taking the time to care for me. A few days later I overdosed from Demerol the pain medication while on a pain pump which I had been taken at this particular time. The doctors and nurses and no one but God and his angels wouldst ever know. My body and brain functions froze. As I kept pushing the push button I finally let go of it. I felt very weird. As this drug did its work on my body I heard a loud pop. I saw a flash of light and left my body hovering over it. I knew it had to be thee passageway of light and darkness called thee tunnel of light this flash of light I experienced. For a few brief short seconds I felt no soreness and was at peace. Two angels returned my spirit to my body just as quick as they could. I understood that it was not my time yet to move on.

This is a true experience and I had no lack of oxygen experience. This experience happened in late September 2002. The angels could be spirit guides if you don't believe in angels. All I know is that I was out of my body.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Very brave and admirable that you could share this. Just one comment: I think you meant "the" and not "thee" on some instances. Otherwise, still very moving.

• 4 years later...
On 6/19/2013 at 10:06 AM, Larsen M. Callirhoe said:

Thee day after my last of three surgical procedures on my right hip to remove it because it was gangrene my extraordinarily incredibly dear sympathetic compassionate kindhearted friend L----- R---- called me up on the telephone. She wanted to seethe if I was still okay. She had called me up the day before but could not get a hold of me, thee reason why I have forgotten. My spirits which were very downward from thee throbbing my body was in was immediately uplifted for a few short-lived minutes thee second I recognized her loving voice. I wish I couldst express to her how much agony and turmoil I was going through at this precise moment and also how much she really means to me. L----- thank you for taking the time to care for me. A few days later I overdosed from Demerol the pain medication while on a pain pump which I had been taken at this particular time. The doctors and nurses and no one but God and his angels wouldst ever know. My body and brain functions froze. As I kept pushing the push button I finally let go of it. I felt very weird. As this drug did its work on my body I heard a loud pop. I saw a flash of light and left my body hovering over it. I knew it had to be thee passageway of light and darkness called thee tunnel of light this flash of light I experienced. For a few brief short seconds I felt no soreness and was at peace. Two angels returned my spirit to my body just as quick as they could. I understood that it was not my time yet to move on.

This is a true experience and I had no lack of oxygen experience. This experience happened in late September 2002. The angels could be spirit guides if you don't believe in angels. All I know is that I was out of my body.

Speaking of angels; in 1984, my wife and I was in a motorcycle accident during rain and on a slippery steel-grid bridge roadway. My wife was dumped some 75 feet behind me and I came to face down. The bike still attached to a 400 pound camper trailer, was lying across my back. I could see her but was not able to get out from under the bike. Both of us were dressed for touring; wearing boots, helmets,  blue-jeans, gloves, and special jackets.

Traffic was halted and the only people on the bridge were attending my wife. They had no idea I was under the machine. After two attempts and cussing to myself for the predicament I was in, I tried a third time. My left leg was broken, but swelled until it fit the jeans like it was in a cast. I stood upright and started walking to her. About ten steps away, I remembered to turn around to offer my thanks to whom ever it was that removed that Gold Wing off of me. 

There was no one person or persons anywhere near me, nor the bike and trailer. 900 pounds of bike is not about to say “Your free.” I am a believer.

YarnSpinner