• Announcements

• tonyv

Registration -- to join PMO   03/14/2017

Automatic registration has been disabled. If you would like to join the Poetry Magnum Opus online community, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.
    • tonyv

IMPORTANT: re Logging In to PMO ***Attention Members***   03/15/2017

For security purposes, please use your email address when logging in to the site. This will prevent your account from being locked when malicious users try to log in to your account using your publicly visible display name. If you are unable to log in, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
tonyv

Hidden topics in Member Poetry, Member Poetry (overflow), and Workshop forums (steps and pertinent Rules)

1 post in this topic

I have enabled a feature that will allow Members to hide/unhide topics in three forums:

Member Poetry

Member Poetry (overflow)

Workshop

All Members will still be able to see any hidden topics, but Guests will not be able to. Unfortunately, because of a limitation in the forum software, once you hide a topic, new replies to the hidden topic will be disabled. If you want to receive replies again, you will have to unhide the topic.

RULES

Here are the Rules which pertain to this newly enabled feature in these forums:

1. Members are only authorized to hide and unhide their own topics, not the topics of others. Any Member who hides or unhides the topics of other Members without the permission of the other Member will be suspended.

2. Please do not strip content from your topics. Some Members are in the habit of posting a topic and then later stripping the content out the topic. I think this degrades the board, and I will take it personally if people keep doing this in topics that are visible to non-members (guests). It irritates me that there may be topics like this on PMO, and I don't need the extra work of having to look for them. If you want to strip your content and don't want to PM me to alert me to remove the topic, then hide the topic. I'll notice it and remove it. You can even put a reason of "remove" on the topic; the step to do this is included in the other steps below.

Here are the steps to hide one of your topics:

1. Look at the forum where your topic is located. Hover your cursor on the far right side of the forum in line with your topic title. A small gear icon will show:

hide1.JPG

2. Click the gear icon and you'll see the option to hide the topic (or unhide it if it's already hidden):

Hidden2.JPG

3. A screen will open where you can enter a reason for hiding the topic. (For example, you could enter as a reason "remove topic.") If you don't want to enter a reason proceed to the next step.

Hidden3.JPG

4. Click Hide, and your hidden topic will look like this in the forum:

hidden4.JPG

If you find that this feature isn't working, please let me know. If anyone needs help with these steps or something else, send me a pm.

Tony