Adam Story

Frank E Gibbard

Frank E Gibbard

Eve proposed forbidden fruit,
Adam shot himself in the foot,
From Garden of Eden was given the boot
Dressed only in his birthday suit.
God forbid I won't Adam and Eve it
Non-believer (me) can't credit this shit.
It's all a biblio-pile of steaming toot;
Such old testament into a midden be ridden
And arch strict stricture happily hidden.

Had to look up midden: A midden is an old dump for domestic waste which may consist of animal bone, human excrement, botanical material, vermin, shells, sherds, lithics (especially debitage), and other artifacts and ecofacts associated with past human occupation.

The next to last line with the internal rhyme threw me off rhythmically. I was then somewhat expecting it again in the last line, but I liked the alliteration.

Frank E Gibbard

Had to look up midden: A midden is an old dump for domestic waste which may consist of animal bone, human excrement, botanical material, vermin, shells, sherds, lithics (especially debitage), and other artifacts and ecofacts associated with past human occupation.

The next to last line with the internal rhyme threw me off rhythmically. I was then somewhat expecting it again in the last line, but I liked the alliteration.

Hi your comment is as OK as I would expect from the opposite camp so to speak given your status dc, so thanks sincerely, glad to introduce you to the old word midden, what a blessing us of diverse views can share this splendid forum I must say, yours in poetic company, Frank

I'm not a religious person Frank... life's too short :-) but decency, morality and hope are the cornerstones of good living on this planet. Science offers alternative views but if fables continue to contribute, fair enough. Evolution will do the rest. :smile: Cheers. G.