Poetry Magnum Opus

promontory

eclipse

The sea's hand has a sixth finger, castle holding promontory, pressing against the wind's mouth. An artists's vague appendage, source of inspiration, his tears are launched like lifeboats to rescue thoughts of Dunnottar castle, bar after bar toll castle stone, tallying with story's borne out of an artist's stiff brush standing in a jar, the strive to be authentic, are the constructions on a promontory counterfeit when measured against those of nature?.

Nicely done.

I had the inspirational Dunnottar Castle as “wallpaper” on my desktop pc for several years though never visited it. My current “wallpaper”is a cosmic view of the universe which proffers a more likely destination these days :-)

Plural "stories" is a small typo you may want to address.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Barry,

As usual the imagery of your piece was beautiful. But I have to admit, reading this, I wanted you to put it in lines. I see it as a compliment to your Dunnottar Castle. I didn't understand the question mark that doesn't seem to ask a question and Geoff is right, " story's / stories" was a distraction you might want to address.

​Between your two poems, I am now intrigued to explore a bit about the place and see if I can find the painting that seems to have inspired you.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com