and survived.

Maybe this is how
it is as we approach
that tomorrow
that won't.
                --Judi Van Gorder

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Excellent reflection on the aging self- inspiring (although some may find it negative;-) My immediate emotional responses: 1. Antero Ali

"Are you deep enough to be shallow?"

and 2. My own: It always comes back around, no matter what age we are, more to learn, more to feel, more to survive, and then the 'Big One' which repeats the cycle, even if only nothing- more to learn... etc..;-)

Excellent Tinkk! Nothing like writing your way out of the box... Pure simple and all so true- but the writing (at least in my experience) is the lock and key- Both the truth and its opposite;-)

Many Thanks for sharing!

DC

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi tink,

i agree with DC completely.

i still havbe a passion to write poetry. thank goodness. i have been writing poetry for 10 years now. i wonder how i will writte 20 years from now lol. will i have said it all by then who knows! but your poem brings out a very good debate. as you get older you get much wiser. you learn that nothing said or done is new under the sun.

enjoyed the read.

vic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Aleksandra

Wow Tinker this was a refreshing after all poems what I read today here icon_smile.gif I have been away for some time and I stayed voiceless, so now after reading all the poems what I missed, your poem comes as the whipping-cream on the cake :).

I loved this poem. Very clever written, interesting for reading and thinking after that. It really sounds as a play with your talent and playing with the essence of the time.

Well done Tinker. I can't stop reading it.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Hi D_C, I appreciate your quick insight, Funny how a poem takes on a life of its own. This is one of those.

Victor, Thank you, I don't know about getting wiser - I find I often make the same mistakes I made as a girl. But getting older does help you get more comfortable with who you are and more accepting of what life throws at you.

Thank you so much Aleks, I haven't been writing much other than example poems but this one just happened. I am pleased that it touched one so young. . .

~~Tink

I’ve lived the cycles/and survived speaks volumes, Tinker. Introspective and reflective -- I love the way you wrap it up:

... that tomorrow

that won’t.

It leaves the reader contemplating possibilities.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Hi Tinker,

I like the first stanza the best, as what William Wordsworth said "...a natural flow of passion..." something like that, that's how I feel about it.

Looking forward to more.

Lake

Hi Tony, Funny how when I was younger I always knew "tomorrow is another chance to get it right" but as I age and I attend funerals of people younger than me and all of a sudden I am the senior agent, when all others my age have retired or died.... I am more and more aware that there is a tomorrow that won't.. And I have so much to get done before then. icon_bounce.gif

Lake I know what you mean, the opening just rolled out smooth and easy... thank you for noticing.

~~Tink

Dear Tinker,

I must say that I detest the truth that slaps me as I read your words. However, I love the way you present it. There is a gentle passion for passion lost. Perhaps passion is lost to wisdom. Passion changes the world but wisdom controls it; passion is radical, wisdom is peaceful and excepting; passion sees only through it's own eyes, wisdom through the eyes all who look. When, on that rare occasion, they collide greatness is realized. Perhaps one needs to accept that they have wisdom, embrace it and become passionate about it.

Thanks for this most thoughtful work.

rg

Very interesting.....something many writers call writers block icon_smile.gif

I like how you slightly question yourself......

that makes the poem that much more effective !