Poetry Magnum Opus

Ok - here we can introduce ourselves :) - Who are we?

Aleksandra

Aleksandra

We are spending a lot of time together, so if you want, you can tell a little bit about yourself to meet each other better... I mean you can tell whatever you want about yourself icon_lol.gif as much as you want.

For example me. Most of you knows me. But I am searching to find the beauty of life ... I have a lot of hobbies, and in the past I had much more. icon_rolleyes.gif I was a ballerina, a musician, I am kung - fu master icon_biggrin.png ( ah that was long time ago, years passed with that, a poet too. Ah and on the end - just a poet. Student too. Politician too icon_rolleyes.gificon_idea.png I love poetry, and poetry loves me icon_biggrin.png I am trying to make English poetry - I mean poetry on English language. Yes for me goes hard, bc as you know English is my second language. But ok I am not giving up icon_wink.gif ( I am stubborn - as Tony says to me all the time icon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gif )

So in short lines that is me. Maybe I am gonna share more. Just I wanted to start this thread. So all who you want, you can participate in icon_wink.gif

Thank for reading

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Wistful Poet

Hey, its Wistful. I didn't know the other website got deleted, but I found this link from Badger on Poetry Connections. The site looks great by the way. Anyway, I'm a senior in Highschool and I'm going to graduate in 2 months. After that, I'm going to college to major in social work. My hobbies are reading, writing, hanging out with firends, and showing, careing, and spoiling my 1200 lb, 6 year old baby, Dancer, who is a spectaluar horse with a mind of her own. Anyway, I've been writing poetry since 2004, but I'm taking a small break, though I think its about over with.

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

Aleksandra

Yes our nice and beautiful Wistful icon_smile.gif. I see your happiness that you are getting ready for your college. You choose so well college - social work. My grandfather was social worker and that is so noble work. And Dancer - icon_smile.gif how is doing Dancer?

Good luck with your new challenges

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Wistful Poet

Thanks Aleksandra. Dancer is doing good, we're getting ready for show season!

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

Wistful Poet wrote:

Hey, its Wistful. Anyway, I've been writing poetry since 2004, but I'm taking a small break, though I think its about over with.

Wow.....sounds dramatic bom.png

• 1 year later...
Wistful Poet wrote:

Hey, its Wistful. Anyway, I've been writing poetry since 2004, but I'm taking a small break, though I think its about over with.

Wow.....sounds dramatic bom.png

Hey 'pawn shop' , like Alex, I too wouldlike to know more about you and others, so let's have a bit about you.

waxy

it would be nice to think that Pawn Shop is still lurking about- we havent seen him since July 9 of '09 I believe

I regret to inform he is one of the few members who never checked in to receive his invitation pm to this board. We'll try to reach him ... perhaps by email. It is on the list of things to do.

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Ok - here we can introduce ourselves :) - Who are we?, on Wed Mar 05, 2008

Aleksandra

and

...I was a ballerina, a musician, I am kung - fu master ...

I want to know what instruments anyone/everyone plays- SPEAK Up! Speak Up!

I play the guitar- have since I was seven-

put it down for a few years at a time twice, but really, all in all, I think it would be ok to say that Ive never not played the guitar- its ALWAYS with me, and Im always playing, even when Im not playing-- (does that make a whit of sense to you?)

how 'bout you all? Tell tell...

I play guitar, too. Same story as you, except it's not always with me, and I'm not always playing. I do find, however, that it's much like riding a bike. I never forget "how." When I pick it up after a couple of years, I'm a bit rusty, but it comes back quickly. It's not long before I'm back to my former skill level.

What kind of music do you like to play? I started learning around 1983, so 1980's heavy metal is about all I like to play, lol.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

What kind of music do you like to play? I started learning around 1983, so 1980's heavy metal is about all I like to play, lol.

for me, NOT anything from the 80s *sticks out tongue* - just foolin wit ya

but seriously, there is a faction of us who grew up in the seventies that think of the 80s as music's lost decade- (oh God, see! I just cant help myself making fun (read: trouble))

but seriously though- ok, really- seriously now...

I love the bossa nova, and anything that has a Spanish root to it, which means world music and latin music etc...

I still play a nylon string (what I first learned on) more than any other--

I have an electric, and an acoustic electric, but I will always pick up the nylon as first choice

all fingers, no pick...

-----------------------

I also have a secret love for any sort of mallet and bar instrument-

not really ever played one- not really- but someday before I die...

Hey, hey, come on ... I cut the hair! :@@ But how you feel about '70s music vs. '80s music is how I felt when it came to the nineties. I wasn't into '90s rock or any of that Seattle/grunge scene. It's like a decade that passed me by.

I can tell from the style of music you like to play that your skill level is probably more advanced than mine. I, too, learned on a nylon string. I have an electric and a steel string acoustic. I prefer the electric, but I pick up the acoustic when I'm too lazy to set up the electric with the amp and pedals ... and that's most of the time, lol.