that lapped with silence, crowned terrain

I wept in time to beauty's youth

where angels wept, clasping truth

I wept in time to desert sands

where orchids wild, sprinkled lands

I wept in time to golden beach

where ebbing tides wear floral wreaths

I wept in time to distant drums

that stole your heart, your spirit numbs.

I wept beside your lonely tomb

where blood red roses

Spring time bloom

© Rea 14th January 2011

Written in relation to a very sad story in the news, R.I.P.

I have changed the sequence of lines around, any input would be welcome!

Edited by Rea

Hi Rea, This poem in its sadness has a lovely lyrical sonnet quality. I liked the repetition of the words "I wept" at the beginning of the odd numbered lines.

Other than the fact that you broke L14 into 2 lines, the poem appears to follow the criteria of a Cyhydedd Fer Sonnet. You add the dimension of an iambic pattern to the syllabic form which gives it more musicality.

You ask for suggestions, mechanically the only thing I could suggest is that you add a "the" or "my" or some single syllabled word in L12 before "spirit numbs" which would be in keeping with the syllable count and rhythm of the rest of the poem. Technically a stronger pivot or twist near the end could take this from a "lovely poem" to something more memorable.

I liked this piece, would you mind if I linked it as an example of the Cyhydedd Fer Sonnet?

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

In memory of.......

I wept in time to silent nights,

where tear(s) weave mantelled sparkling lights

I wept in time to roses, bloom,

a budding blossom, a spring time tune

I wept in time to misted rain

that lapped with silence, crowned terrain

I wept in time to beauty's youth

where angels wept, clasping truth

I wept in time to desert sands

where orchids wild, sprinkled lands

I wept in time to golden beach

where ebbing tides wear floral wreaths

I wept in time to distant drums

that stole your heart,(;) spirit numbs.

I wept beside your lonely tomb

where blood red roses

Spring time bloom

© Rea 14th January 2011

Written in relation to a very sad story in the news, R.I.P.

I have changed the sequence of lines around, any input would be welcome!

Heart stirring. Have indicated a couple of suggestions. Think about re-writing this in present tense. I think it would add more directness to the message. Your poems are always filled with emotion that seeps into the reader and puts him/her there in the moment. Thanks. Paco

Hi Rea, This poem in its sadness has a lovely lyrical sonnet quality. I liked the repetition of the words "I wept" at the beginning of the odd numbered lines.

Other than the fact that you broke L14 into 2 lines, the poem appears to follow the criteria of a Cyhydedd Fer Sonnet. You add the dimension of an iambic pattern to the syllabic form which gives it more musicality.

You ask for suggestions, mechanically the only thing I could suggest is that you add a "the" or "my" or some single syllabled word in L12 before "spirit numbs" which would be in keeping with the syllable count and rhythm of the rest of the poem. Technically a stronger pivot or twist near the end could take this from a "lovely poem" to something more memorable.

I liked this piece, would you mind if I linked it as an example of the Cyhydedd Fer Sonnet?

~~Tink

Hello Tink

Thank you for taking time to reply, I will make any changes suggested.

On writing the poem, I was trying not to infringe, on those left behind, did the message explain? In answer to your question, you may link it as an example.

Rea

~~Tink

Hello Tink

I replied to this, but I am unsure if you received it, as I was unable to forward a message to Geoff/Benjamin.

I have done a few changes, but Geoff has edited it with startling beauty.

Yes, you may use this poem as an example.

Regards

Rea