in answer, moan forevermore.

O woodland church of my despair,
mire in your snow-hung isolation!
I do not want your absolution
I won't receive your priest or prayer
I can't; there is no Asia here,
nor there. No Asia anywhere.

Steppes

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

:rolleyes: Well there's a nice surprise! Though you've sent me to a chilly place (I presume Siber is Siberia?) The 'star-choked dome' is a great phrase. There is a sense of an inescapable finality, an inescapable inner solitude. Again thank you for sharing.

badge

Glad you like it, Badge. Yes, "Siber" is Siberia in my first language, Estonian.

And I didn't mean to send you there. I'm just sharing where I'm "coming from" (in poems, that is) most of the time. (Though I think you already understand this.)

Tony :happy:

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Tony,

Brilliant. And of course you meat to take us there. If not, why write poetry? Gob smacked- Really a fantastic piece and I understand why Badger is the partner in this- e too evokes a sense of place, which is no-place,everytime!

Pax,

Dkon & Juris

David W. Parsley

Count me among those taken those remote Ends, Tony. This is tightly written, great balance of theme and mood, the sense of a thinking mind sorting out the puzzle of experience in all its vastness.

Thanks!

- Dave

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow. I love this, the packaging, the unwrapping, the content are all tight and impeccably drawn. Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

? I am thrilled by this poem, and confused. I enjoyed it, I felt it, but can not understand it, yet. I will take my time to analyze it, because this poem calls me to do that. Thank you Tony. It's always a pleasure to read your poetry. ☺️

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, FrasMac said:

Wow. I love this, the packaging, the unwrapping, the content are all tight and impeccably drawn. Great stuff.

Thanks FrasMac, this one is one of my favorites, and I'm excited that you like it, too!

Tony :happy:

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:34 PM, Aleksandra said:

? I am thrilled by this poem, and confused. I enjoyed it, I felt it, but can not understand it, yet. I will take my time to analyze it, because this poem calls me to do that. Thank you Tony. It's always a pleasure to read your poetry. ☺️

Well Alek, I'll give you some time to mull it over, and then we'll just have to discuss its finer points. Glad you liked it!

Tony ?