the Universe was Created

Form and Firmament met

I wish my mother had lived

to meet her Grand-Daughter

knowing full-well

having Finally-seen-across

that there is Only the One

and the Many.

Quite a provoking title, Dr. Con. It immediately caught my attention. The poem itself reads like a self-portrait -- I always admire when an artist successfully pulls that off! -- which uses three generations, the artist himself in the middle, as the operative metaphor for the self. Very well done!

Tony

Btw, congrats on your new book! I'll be ordering two tomorrow (one for me and one for Alek), and I look forward to having it in my collection. I presume they will be shipping directly from the publisher ... Because, if they were coming from you, I would request that you sign them! :) But okay, if that's not possible, I'll just delight in your presence here on the board and liken that to an electronic signature. :)

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Hi D_C, I am sorry your Mom didn't meet your daughter. Reading your poem, I can only wonder at the "self' you reveal. Is this how you see yourself or how you believe she saw you? This is just my thoughts I don't expect you to answer, it is for me to sort out.. The Dark Mother, the Dark Matter are disturbing images in conflict with the love I hear in this poem.

But you have it right, the birth of a child is an earth shattering event. I love how you begin the poem with what I can only assume is your birth date. And then the end with what I believe is your daughter's birthdate. (Your daughter is only a couple of months younger than my oldest granddaughter who is a shining light in my life.) There is a big bang heard thoughout the universe, new life is amazing.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Thanks Tinker! Actually this was partially inspired by reading a fascinating discussion about the time before the Big Bang;-) and I wanted to convey the Dark Side of the bright The Birth and the suffering etc. ;-)

Tony,

Many, many thanks! Feel free to review the Book where-ever you will both bad and good ;-) And I'll figure out a way to get a signature to both of you? Maybe a Book Plate I could Mail?

Much appreciation as always for the comments...

Dr. Con

Tony,

And I'll figure out a way to get a signature to both of you? Maybe a Book Plate I could Mail?

Much appreciation as always for the comments...

Dr. Con

Just ordered two copies, Dr. C! :D

... and yes, two signed bookplates would be nice. :D One for me and one for Alek. :D I'll PM you my address.

Thank you! :)

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Dr Con!!

Even before reading the comments above I reckoned this for birthdates and immediately assumed it was you and then your child ... creation and, well, Creation!

What's this I hear about a book? Who's a sly old dog, then? Heartiest congratulations!!

All the best,

Brendan/ dedalus

Drown your sorrows in drink, by all means, but the real sorrows can swim

Frank E Gibbard

Pregnant with meaning DC as I expect of you in addressing familial relationships at the essential level placed in the space/time continuum. Congratulations on the burgeoning production line up to and including getting between covers, Frank.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just late dropping in here. But I did read this Wonderful poem Dr.con. I love this poem. I agree with Tony's comment.

I love this line:

the Universe began with a cry

Also the ending part is very sensitive - I love it.

PS: I saw the book ( just on cam :)) and I can't wait to be mailed to me, Tony awaits the bookplates and then comes to me too :). Thanks for the effort it's very meaningful for us.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Hi DC,

I like how you juxtapose the quotidian and the more abstract creative power/reality:

thick tectonic plates geographic

boundaries of the Cosmos

Blind to The Dark Mother

seeing only the manifest

cheer and sadness of my Mana

Failing-to-see-the-form-across

Congratulations on the Book. :D

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

lovely poem. and congrats on the book, i see here everyone is mentioning it. where do i purchase? online? i am about to publish my second book and am currently working on an audio cd with music and even a few songs!!!! will let you know when it's done. :icon_cool:

To receive love, you have to give it...