goldenlangur

goldenlangur

back home

from the oncology ward

I peel my first orange

the spurt of juice and color

the smell I had forgotten

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

very lovely poem my friend. i feel the sence of love in this poem. i appreciate the tende5rness of your caring.

thank you.

Prince Michael

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Oh, Golden, I know these things are a part of life, but I don't like to look that way ... Doing so distresses me. Lines 3-5 do offer hope and a new outlook on life that anyone could learn from.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

goldenlangur

Thank you victor for reading this. I am encouraged that the feelings come through in this.

Lovely to see you around. :D

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

goldenlangur

Hi Tony,

I am delighted that you picked on the thread of hope in Ls 3 and 5. Nothing reinforces the vitality of life like a sweet and golden orange. ;)

Oh, Golden, I know these things are a part of life, but I don't like to look that way ... Doing so distresses me.

Tony

Very true, Tony that illness and facing death are distressing. I appreciate your perceptive and kind response. :D

Thank you for taking the trouble to read this.

goldenlangur

Not sure if the speaker is coming back home from working in the oncology ward or the speaker is a patient recovered from the illness, either way, the freshness of life is clearly tasted.

Best,

Lake

The little things in life, now deserve new appreciation? Your imagery in this compact piece was excellent, I feel the coolness, stickiness and smell it as if it were in my hands. I love this piece.

Tammi

a nicely succinct and well formed piece. Yes I can see how the smell of an orange as it's being peeled offers a wonderful example of the simple goodness in life we all too often take for granted. Benjamin

goldenlangur
Not sure if the speaker is coming back home from working in the oncology ward or the speaker is a patient recovered from the illness, either way, the freshness of life is clearly tasted.

Best,

Lake

I like how you've read an ambiguity in this, Lake - the speaker could be a recovering patient or working in the oncology ward.

freshness of life

is a lovely way of putting it. :D

Thank you.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur
The little things in life, now deserve new appreciation?

Tammi

You express it succinctly, Tammi.

Your imagery in this compact piece was excellent, I feel the coolness, stickiness and smell it as if it were in my hands. I love this piece.

Delighted with the way you've read this.

Thank you. :D

goldenlangur

goldenlangur
a nicely succinct and well formed piece. Yes I can see how the smell of an orange as it's being peeled offers a wonderful example of the simple goodness in life we all too often take for granted. Benjamin

Thank you Benjamin for this well-thought out reading. :D

goldenlangur

• 3 weeks later...

Well, first of all, goldenlangur, before I read this I was thinking of oranges. I feel I need some vitamins and some juicy citrons. And now, after I've read it, I'm starving even more. I don't have any at home, and it's late in the night... :mellow:

This poem, expresses well the battle between life and death... The good things always stay good, life always goes on, and a good orange is always welcome. Very interesting input with this tanka, GL.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

• 2 weeks later...
goldenlangur
Well, first of all, goldenlangur, before I read this I was thinking of oranges. I feel I need some vitamins and some juicy citrons. And now, after I've read it, I'm starving even more. I don't have any at home, and it's late in the night... :o

Such a coincidence, Aleksandra! Somethings are wonderfully strange and inexplicable. :D

This poem, expresses well the battle between life and death...

You've read it so well and express your thoughts eloquently.

The good things always stay good, life always goes on, and a good orange is always welcome.

I agree. Life goes on and we do come to appreciate the good things along the way.

Thank you so much for reading this and posting your thoughtful comment.

I haven't read any of your poems recently and I hope you will post some soon. You have a unique voice and that indescribable passion and verve in your motifs and language. I have missed not reading your work.

goldenlangur

Hi, goldenlangur. Thank you for reminding me that I haven't post something new. Actually I wasn't writing much lately. I got a bit busy, and I'm in some learning process, so I am trying to keep a track of the happenings on the board, to catch reading all the poems, and to share my thoughts as much as possible. But I wish I can finish some of my raw poems :D, otherwise I don't have a lot's of inspiration to come up with some newer or fresh poem :).

Hope to read more from you too ;).

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia