Poetry Magnum Opus

Journal entry

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Journal entry

Reworking.

Edited by goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Hi GL, Reading this right after watching news footage of the tsunami, makes it all the more relavent to me. This piece brings the reader full circle. From start to finish it is captivating, informative and yet personal. I could hear the plop-splat of the cows hooves walking across the water and could see in my mind the water stopping and going around the small stones and twigs creating an M.

I am not familiar with da Vinci's water drawings but certainly plan to investigate after this compelling introduction.

I really enjoyed reading your "journal entry", prose like poetry that has impacted my day. Thank you....

Now to check out da Vinci's water drawings... ~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Styled as a journal entry, I like how this prose piece captures the imagination as well as informs. I, too, had not heard of the water drawings and am prompted to check them out. And as Tink pointed out, this work gives pause in the immediate aftermath of the recent water disaster.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

• 2 weeks later...
goldenlangur

Hi Tink and Tony,

Appreciate your taking the time to read this prose piece. Yes, Tink you're so uncannily right. In the context of the recent tsunami in Japan the references to Leonardo's descriptions of the destructive powers of water have a chilling resonance.

So glad that the reference to his water drawings piqued your interest, Tony and Tink.

Thank you.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.