No letter, no school
no maize, no milk.
No medicine.
    ---- Judi Van Gorder

Notes:

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

David W. Parsley

Another haunting to light me to my comfortable bed tonight. Your ghosts are even scarier than "Glass Moon." A realistic persona and voice, speaking from a real crisis of our time.

- Dave

Larsen M. Callirhoe

breaks my heart that anyone has to starve to death but especially young children, so sad indeed. i read a article about this topic. they talked about this subject yesterday on yahoo. the aricle also talked about the election there, starving children. the clipping didn't talk about life before 1979 there. it also didn't give some of the history lesson you gave on your post in literature post i think.

i love the poem. i read poetry from like about 15 poetry forums past and present and i have come across about 15,000 ametuer poets. about 100 give 150 or take 50 aprox.. you rank in the top 10 in my opinion in writing poems. one of my goddess belliever friend's is my favorate period. in that 15,000 i would rank myself in the top 500 now but not 2 years ago. my spirit guides are counseling me and tutoring me now. when i make typos it is because of my eyesisgt among me having a heard trime seeing the keyboard because i can't get nursing aides to help get me pulled up because i am to heavy and th are under staff etc... aleksandra is myy 2nd favorite poet. i really click with what she says. i think like what she writes. probbly uncanny but who knows... i miss pawnshop (aka jonathan, seaqull, or carlo). i loved his poetry. i think he would be number 5 of my favorite poes. number 4 wold be carl sandburg he wrote "onion days." that guy is who i model my poetry after. i write like that completey. i love his poetry. i love edgar allen poe, shakespere, carl sandburg, and two females i can't think of right now.

:icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

An appropriate choice of stanza and effective use of refrain. The pace varies just a bit in the last verse and delivers a strong ending. Thanks also for the notes and for raising awareness.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

This was written in 2011 and I recently was reminded of it because I had read that late November 2017 at the age of 93, Robert Mugabe resigned and is now under military arrest.  Stats show a vast improvement due largely to the mammoth efforts of international health organizations that stopped the transmitting of AIDs from mother to infant among other things.   

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com