Poetry Magnum Opus

Who is the best poet?

eclipse

Aleksandra

What a topic :D I like it. But really I think, that we have so many great poets here. Don't you think?

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Since when is there a "best" in poetry, fiction, music or painting? Besides me, of course. :rolleyes:

Larsen M. Callirhoe

talk about modesty everyone. ok aleksandra you win ladies first. ok enough of brownie points hehe....goood to cya around my friend. and thanks for calling on my birthday tho my sister left while we were chatting. hah... i havent talked to her since. my sisteris worst than me.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Larsen M. Callirhoe

seriously i like everyone the way they are. everyone is so diversified. each of you bring something different something wonderful to the plate....

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

• 3 weeks later...
David W. Parsley

Count on eclipse to ask the question aloud. :wink: I have asked myself the same question a number of times. It would not be possible for me to rate myself objectively. I confess a blind vote would be interesting, but I have to agree with Franklin: each brings the irreplaceable gift. And as I have stated before, I prefer the work here to much of what I find in the literary journals and anthologies, so any assessment from me would have to take that into account.

Another interesting poll would be the top ten poems (again, I kind of gave my vote away in an earlier post). fdelano and eclipse perhaps author the largest number of my top-top favorites, for what that is worth. But Tony, Tinker, Badger, and Aleks may have hit me hardest where I live, one time each. And then there are all the rest of you... Gad. I vote Victor the most audacious pot-stirrer, but Barry just got himself into the race. :rolleyes:

Larsen M. Callirhoe

actually who gets my cogs turning here is Dr Con and then eclipse.

go fish...

Larsen M. Callirhoe

David W. Parsley

Yeah, doc is great, so is Benjamin, and Goldenlangur, and... And, oh, I forgot to mention your (Victor) own sucker punch, "Breaking Up," from last year.