It was evening all afternoon.

It had snowed days ago

and it was going to snow

again again.

The blackbird O.D.ed

in the cedar limbs.

unpublished

© David W. Parsley 2012

It's a real part of our world, but we seldom pay attention. The black bird could be any of us. I can't phrase my thoughts in your poetic world except to say I felt the images. We often think in images, but few pause to see those special moments. Summary is I like it a lot. A good present.

Help me out here, Dave! I am drawing a blank. The tag is parody. OMG, who did "13 ways" to...ugh...something!

David W. Parsley

Thanks to all who replied. I am in one of those intensely busy modes (again), but I see a need (thank you, DC) to acquaint folks with the origins of this satirical little piece, and where to look for the other sections. It is loosely modeled after Wallace Stevens' Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird, which does not deserve the treatment accorded here, but I won't let a little thing like that stop me.

I will post the parody in its entirety sometime soon, now that every publication on my list has rejected it. Until then, I recommend looking at the commentary (go all the way to the end!) from the following section (just click on it) first posted here summer 2011.

Section 3

It is not a very nice poem to the New Establishment in Poetry, but what can I say?

Enjoy!

- Dave

Ah, Stevens. I will look it up. Thanks.