Poetry Magnum Opus

Watertown

Lake

Wow Lake, your painting is beautiful, and the haiku isn't bad either. Who knew the hidden talent you have... I hate the idea of you not writing much anymore but seeing this painting I certainly understand you have not extinguished your creative light. This needs to be shared in Member poetry so I am moving it there but leaving a link in the Art forum, I think everyone will be as excited as I am to see you post again.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Lake, this is lovely. It evokes a bunch of feelings for me -- on a personal level -- and takes me to some curious places. It's almost ghostly.

The title is the first thing that caught my attention. "Watertown" -- I remember passing through it, at night, in upstate New York, with my family when we were on our way to Canada. I was probably ten or twelve years old back then. Yes, there's a Watertown I visit from time to time that's just outside of Boston, but that place doesn't even enter my mind when I look at this. I love how we all make our own unique associations when it comes to a work of art, be it poetry, a painting, a sculpture, or a musical composition.

I hope you have more works like this that you're willing to share. Lots of wonderful stuff going on here.

Tony :happy:

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Lovely use of a single colour to infuse the picture with life. The blood red seemed ominous, but that is probably my own cultural viewpoint.

badge

Thank you Tinker for your confidence in me. :blush: My pen is rusty now. Will try to get back.

Hi Tony, yes, I noticed the upgrades on this forum. Will try to make full use of it. As you said, the watertown is not the one by Boston, but it certainly can evoke different feelings.

Hello badge, I'd love to know the viewpoint of others. There's no right or wrong, just different.

Thank you all.

Lake

Frank E Gibbard

Lake - a rare treat, the picture's terrific and an especial accompaniment to your nocturnal poem. Frank

Lake,

Perfectly matched awesome work! Deeply impressed by painting and Haiku. Would love to have a digital copy of the paining it stirs deep things.

Very very impressed!

Juris & Dr. Con

Gatekeeper

I do like the watercolor, and the poem.

Maybe in my downhill coast, I should try the brush? Would that I had such talent.

Thanks for posting this.

from the black desert

• 4 weeks later...
Aleksandra

Hello, Lake :) How nice to see you around and with a wonderful thread. Great job and a beautiful combination.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

A fascinating painting which I agree with Tony, has the power to take a viewer to some curious places. Very well matched with the haiku. B.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

I agree with everything said above. really beautiful painting/ portrait and the haiku is very lovely Lake.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe