void of flow

rich in layered

plaque

patient probes

of white-coat

curiosity

sightless eyes

stare

Thanks, Doc. I suspect the body handlers of cracking morbid jokes about the donor, the one not laughing. Woody Allen said (paraphrase): I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens. ;)

Without the title, I would not have easily deciphered the poem :-) Very clinical.

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach

Without the title, I would not have easily deciphered the poem :-) Very clinical.

Neither would I, Joel. Clinical, yes. Thank you.

If it is creepy, it is the risk of the plaqued patient as a donor.

Contrarily, I see the title as a give-away.

from the black desert

Franklin, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree heartily with GK regarding the title. I feel the words are strong enough to stand on their own and I believe it lends mystery to the basis of the poem. Although, I seem to recall your having mentioned once upon a time that you ploan to donate your body to 'science'. Is that the same thing as organ donation or is it intended to allow the meds to study for the purposes of possible prevention?

At any rate, my friend, I like this one a lot.

t

Donation to me means the white coats own your remains. They may harvest organs, parts, research or whatever. Doesn't matter to me, since I won't know. I trust that donation is more valuable to humankind than letting the worms have their way. We know there is poetic value in death and intentions. The title simply defines the theme. To me, there is no value in deciphering meanings unintended. I know I will regret saying that, but it is meant only for this "donation."

David W. Parsley

And I, who tend to enjoy a certain amount of mystery, a sense of meaning in the depths of a poem, think the title is just the right amount of clarification! We are an interesting lot gathered around the literary campfire, all right. It wouldn't be complete without Brendan extending his marhmallow over the flames, too.

Thanks for this bone chiller, Paco.

- Dave