Such as exude from any television
In nature of all that no good news
Disquiet as much as you can use
Blast-intrudes into a piece of peace
My meagre grasp of sweet solitude
By Life's unfairnesses duly screwed
Not enough's good in this old world
No more rhyme nor a reason I fear

Excellent Frank! Heavy on all our minds these days. Enjoyed! BTW its good to see/hear your voice again! Bit worried by the long absence... Hope all is well!

Juris

Frank E Gibbard

Cheers Doc. Was out of order as it were - but the worse for missing you guys. Thanks for reading sir. Frank

I spent years dwelling on the state of things, Frank. Talked on and on about it when no one wanted to hear it, when others around me preferred a state of blissful ignorance. Then I came to the conclusion that why should I do all the worrying; let those with more to lose (I don't have children) wake up and fret a bit. I discovered poetry. There are answers, it's just that no one wants to hear them. Sure, I'll still speak up if my opinion is asked, but I'll tell it like it is and leave it at "I warned you. What do you want from me? This is the world you made."

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Of course it matters to us personally whether our words are accepted by others, but that acceptance or rejection does not affect the truth. Poetry is truth to some and blasphemy to others. I am most interested in how a poet can present the truth with artistry.

Of course it matters to us personally whether our words are accepted by others, but that acceptance or rejection does not affect the truth.

Yes, and thank you for that, Franklin.

I am most interested in how a poet can present the truth with artistry.

I think you have good handle on that.

Tony :happy:

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Thank you, Sir. I'm still glad when my words are taken at face value.

A nicely toned piece Frank. It's good to read you here again. Your poem prompts two moot sentences to the front of my mind from conversations held with people from a lifetime ago (or so it seems) : "No point worrying about things over which you have no control!" and the salient fact that.. "Most people's views on things i.e. politics, relate to personal circumstance rather than the philanthropic." I toast your Good Health! G.