goldenlangur

not just the leg

my mind too is encased

this sleepless night

the wind moves through trees and lanes

I stare at a page

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Golden,

How thrilled I am that you're back! You have been sorely missed around here! Allow me to get right down to your fabulous tanka --

goldenlangur wrote:

not just the leg

my mind too is encased

this sleepless night

I stare at a page

I can certainly relate to this one. Nothing is worse than a sleepless night when one can't write. Encased gives the sense of being in a prison, when even the wind has become only a latent source of inspiration, as it moves through trees and lanes.

I haven't been writing, but I feel the urge, and I think some inspiration might be on the way ...

Welcome home!

Tony icon_smile.gif

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Golden,

Great tanka, again. I always enjoy your haiku, tanka and haibun.

I stare at a page

That gives a bleak feel to it. I can see you are now coming out of the cocoon.

Best,

Lake

Aleksandra
not just the leg

my mind too is encased

this sleepless night

I stare at a page

Yea this is what we were missing Goldenlangur by your absence. Your lovely writing spirit.

I am sorry for the reason what inspire you to write this tanka, but I love how good it sounds. You wrote and expressed so nicely this poem. I love the end. It's like end with beginning...

Thank you very much for sharing and for your return.

All the best my friend

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Hello Tony,

Thank you very much for your lovely welcome! Yes, indeed, you've grasped well the frustration and sense of imprisonment in this piece. Sleepless nights are a torture!

I appreciate that the contrast between the movement of the trees and the person's immobility comes across for you.

This is an exciting week for you as your nation goes to the poll. I hope you will find inspiration and look forward to read your work.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

goldenlangur

Hello Lake,

How well you express it : "bleak" and "coming out of the cocoon"! You're very generous in your appreciation of my efforts in the Japanese forms.

Thank you so much.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Hello Aleksandra,

It's been a long time since I posted here and so I appreciate your warm encouragement. You're right - 2 months in plaster and unable to walk helped me to see things in another light.

I'm glad that you enjoyed this tanka and thank you for your welcoming words. I'm hobbling back to work and some writing.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi goldenlangur,

this is a masterpiece. i feel this way until i come up with a new short story or poem because of my being paralyzed, o wish i could write this type of poem but nothing comes to mind in that form of structure for me. i do wish you better health my friend. and good to hear from you again.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Nice poem

i think you have problem with your leg/legs. what happened?

by the way, the poem is nice with full of dreamy expressions!

goldenlangur

Hi victor,

Thank you for your generous appreciation. I broke the tibia of the left leg and can only imagine what you go through. You bear your pain and suffering with such courage and spirit. I'm touched that this tanka spoke to you. Tink has some great material on this form. I hope you will have a look and try. But I'm delighted that you mention the short story - hope to read some.

Always lovely to hear from you!

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

So glad that you enjoyed the poem and it's 'dreamy expressions' - a great compliment for which I'm very grateful.

Thank you for asking - broke the tibia of the left leg - in plaster for 2 months but now walking on crutches.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur