Poetry Magnum Opus

For those that shared poetry and time with Frank

badger11

• 2 weeks later...
David W. Parsley

The link does not work for me. What has happened?

- Dave

Thanks Badge, Tony sent me a message earlier today. I am so sorry to hear this. I tried to contact him in December both by PM and email and got no response. I was concerned that I hadn't seen him around at his usual haunts and I knew he had had some health problems. Funny how you can feel the loss of someone you have never met. As I wrote to Tony earlier, I would like to do some kind of memorial for him here. Maybe set up a Forum to members who have passed. He was so very important to this forum and especially Poetry Connection. His tenacity and loyalty helped us survive the bot war and helped bring us here to this site. And I loved his humorous and informative poems. I will miss him.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

When I moved from DC to TX he gave me a gift of a drawing that he did. I am sad to hear of his passing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
David W. Parsley

I paused to look into the forum, while vacationing in Europe. And found this further explanation of things. This is a distressing loss. I shall miss Frank's timely entries and commentary, his voice of hospitality welcoming new folks (like me, in 2011) to PMO. My sympathy to friends and family, particularly those here at PMO.

- Dave

• 1 month later...

So sad to hear of Franks passing. He welcomed me at PC and also when I first started posting here. My sympathy goes out to his family and friends. His humour, poems and comments acted as a catalyst to bring people together informally. Geoff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He will be missed. Always appreciated his poetic sensibilities, his tenacity and his deep sense of humour. Yes, in some ways poets give you a truly deep sense of themselves, in ways that will make his passing despite having never met, a depth for me, deeper than other losses.

Juris

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Today I am remembering Frank with fondness as I launch into another National Poetry Month Marathon.  Frank was a huge supporter of this month's activity and every year he would encourage us to join him in cranking out a poem a day for the month of April.   The last couple of years I've been spotty in my commitment but here in 2020, I dedicate this month to Frank's memory and once again make my commitment and join the thousands, maybe millions of poets out there who will be writing a poem a day for US National Poetry Month.  If you tag your poem US National Poetry Month and then click on the tag you will probably find some of Frank's poems there.  Through the tag we are united with years before and with poets of like mind.

This April is in your memory, Frank Gibbard.  You continue to inspire.

~~Judi

• Like 3

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

• tonyv unpinned this topic