What about this fortunate

Who misses the pain of massacres.

I am happy, because the powerful one

Donates me money

Gifts a scope to dream

Of corporate life of nudity

I have hormones so gross

Appeasing my eyes by whores!

Why are they crying for in mosque or church?

Gaza is not my brothers or sisters

I vote for hypocrisy of legal crimes

Die for dollars having American smile

Ignoring a coward dies thousand times.

But I am happy!

Now-a-days I am measuring

The power of poems.

Is this comparable to

The hardness of a skillet

Or the dynamic force

Of a bullet?

this one "blows me away" -

so very powerful! this entire poem...

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi bloodyday, you have some powerful imagery and leave me much to mull over and chew on. i niticed you said gaza is not my brothers and sisters. i am of jewish origen but ben a christian most of my life. now i am a sophia believer. i was wondering what your nationality is not that it matters to me this community is multi cultural and very diverse in origins i might add. i see you live in bangladash.

talk later.

vic aka larsen

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Thanks rumisong! i have read some of your works and made me impressed also!

Hi Larsen!

what's up? thanks for your comment! let me introduce: i am bangladeshi and muslim (sunni) by religion!

i was wondering what your nationality is not that it matters to me this community is multi cultural and very diverse in origins i might add.

yap, Gaza and some parts of israel possess some zone where multi culture people live together and i still know most of the israelies people do not like this war (ignoring the propaganda of the media).

in last part of my poem, actually this is the metaphor of scolding people like myself who just escape from the truth of what's going on. many of us still think they have nothing to do and ignoring the situation they are just busy with themselves. i can say they are huge in numbers and unfortunately i am still one of those.

look bro, the ordinary people just give a damn of what others religion or doings. everybody wants to live in peace. but sometimes the dirty politics mingled with dirty business dismantle the peace of the earth and sometimes i found myself a part of this corporate world. then my heart bleeds, though i need to do something still.

in this poem i told that

Gaza is not my brothers and sisters

actually i am escaping from my responsibilities and this escapism follows the next lines!

and one thing i might add. Bangladesh have seen the last riots (hindus and muslims) several decades ago. many international organization has pointed us a moderate muslim countries where in India as a secular country watches the bloody riots very often like pakistan (shite / sunni). as an underdeveloped countries, it's a common phenomena that there are still very good relations among many religions and races! further study might help to know our country more!

this is the thing i am talking about and please don't take it to otherwise. thanks again for your beautiful comment!

RoNy

Aleksandra

Rony, I am wondering how you wrote this ironical poem?! Everything is presented in the poem: peace, longing, pain, suffering, angriness, irony...

The title is ironical also...

Very provocative poem.

Aleksandra.

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

RoNy,

This is really bloody powerful as others said. The tone is sarcastic. Sometimes, it is even more interesting to read the responses to the poem. "Escapist"? Count me in at the moment. icon_silent.png

This is a cohesive and powerful poem, Rony. In addition to the part mentioned by Rumisong, I like this part:

... borrow

some loneliness and silence

When a corpse deprives

From its funeral.

Clap to the dogs,

They are having a good lunch

Thanks to the soldiers

Who kill without hearts.

Then the narrator expresses disdain for himself:

What about this fortunate

Who misses the pain of massacres.

I am happy, because the powerful one

Donates me money

Gifts a scope to dream

Of corporate life of nudity

I have hormones so gross

These are difficult and painful admissions.

It seems that happy=comfortable. In that case, the narrator is not the only one who is guilty of complacency. I love the poem.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Fascinating Bloody Day- a powerful indictment of the ordinary response to distant violence- swathes of images bloody and powerful- throughout their is an inversion of questions:

When a corpse deprives

From its funeral.

What a corpse deprives? Who a corpse deprives? No, but 'when' which throws the quest/question into turmoil- Yup corporate greed, uses the images to distract from crimes... The only line I had problems with, and this is a bit of an inversion of the normal paradigm:

I have hormones so gross

Since that implies 'moral outrage' at one's own hormones- Since Corporations take advantage of a much older advertising campaign, which frames the natural impulse as immoral, they then take advantage of the guilt desire complex created by religion to titillate the true believer distracting them with belief in 'whores' so they can commit real atrocities of murder and subjugation...

But the poem still conveys its message powerfully and cleanly, that's more of a philosophical distinction;-)

Much Appreciation,

DC

Alek

thanks for your comment! it is so inspiring though i am busy for nothing these days! icon_farao.png

Lake

my friend, i always like to live in group where i want to see many faces like me. Though escapist is not the group of my choice, what i should say, perhaps most of us belong to this group.

but my friend, we can't change the world and someday we will watch this turned into hell and i am reckoning!

Tony

you have an important word: guilty!

when there is a war, we always look for guilty while many people die and many soldiers are butchered.

some asshole fundamentalists do politics with the help of religion, some are doing business with the ammunition and land!

we all know these people, we all know what they are doing! but we are the one who elect them without shame!

would u tell me who is guilty: Religion, politicians or 'Us'?

Hi dr_con

i don't know u much about your dr?

is it for Doctor or for doctorate?

if you are a doctor, then you are too much required in war, if you are doctorate, then you are required for the research of how to stop these wars?

though my demand is high and so is the importance!