Poetry Magnum Opus

Sunday Funnies

Tinker

Sunday Funnies

As a kid my parent's bedroom was off-limits. The door was always closed except on Sunday mornings. That was the only day we could jump in bed with Mom and Dad and read the "funny papers". Stories sketched in 4 or 5 picture frames, with dialogue in a cloud. Batman POW! WHAM! action, Popeye gulping spinach and the Katzenjammer kids antics. My childhood version of TV.

lightbulb flash
in black and white drawings
home delivered
                   ~~jvg

Haibun

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Pow! Indeed;-) As clear as a bell ringing to announce a service - Brought back some of my own memories or rather rewrote them to conform with an image so sharp like looking through a window.

J

Judi, I'm old enough to recognize the cultural reference(s); I know them well. For me, the first three sentences are especially thought-provoking.

This is a perfect application of a haibun (which I recognized even before I saw your footnote). I've read and enjoyed this several times.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic