the flowers are back,
Spring's exact pact
singin' "all seasons pass"
"take time to kick ass".
                   ~~Judi Van Gorder

• Like 1

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

is fowers a typo Judi? Anyway a charming write, though the last line was a shift of tone...but it did convey intent!

best

Phil

Some music for our times...

• Like 1

Oooops, thanks for the save Badge. I'll fix it.

I don't know, that last line just happened when I got there. It had to be for me.

~~Judi

I wrote this in response to a prompt elsewhere to write Playground Poetry.  My first thought when I read the prompt was this song popped in my head.  My Dad used to sing it, I sang it as a kid, I taught it to my son and then to my grandkids.  In a Facetime call right after that, I started singing it and the my two oldest grandkids chimed in.  They remembered every word.

Java Jive

Oh, Judi, this is so relaxing and refreshing and musical--just what I needed right now! I especially love "sass in the grass"! This all (except for maybe the last line? lol) has such a classic feel. Such a perfect rhythm of shifting scenes, effectively, tersely embodied in each line, walking us gently and reassuringly through the seasons, reminding us of the bigger picture. I would love to see this put to music. I imagined a sort of folky song when I read it; but interestingly, your source of inspiration was quite different. Such a cool and effective form, and you really nailed the meter, the rhymes, and all those internal-rhyming third lines of each stanza. Great title, too, nicely picking up on the refrains' rhyme while exactly capturing the theme. I agree with Phil about the ending line! It is a little jarring, but I can respect the poet's show of personality. I just don't believe there should be a hyphen between kick and %#@. (Hyphenated would be the adjective form.) :laugh:

You are right about the hyphen and it is gone.  Sorry to be jarring to the reader.  Actually jarring is what I need right now, a good kick in the @#?s to get me doing something productive.  All I do is take care of my clients working from home and play with poetry on my computer.  It is, believe it or not, raining outside (well drizzling) and it has been doing that all day so I didn't go outside.  My garden really needs my attention.  But house cleaning isn't happening either.  Dishes, bed, laundry, and clutter pick up are done but deep cleaning, not so much.  I just can't get motivated.

~~Judi

• Like 1

It's harder to get going on new, big stuff when it's raining! Sometimes I find that making a deal with myself--you get to do this one fun little thing and then, time to get on with the heavier stuff--works for me. But then I have to make sure not to get sucked into the one fun little thing! 

• Haha 1