Poetry Magnum Opus

MAULANA JALALU-'D-DlN MUHAMMAD RUMI

dr_con

goldenlangur

A treasure find DC

summayyah often talked about the inspiration this Sufi mystic in her own work. It is always uplifting and inspiring to read him.

Thank you icon_smile.gif

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Aleksandra

Wonderful link Dr.con. very interesting and useful.

Thank you for sharing.

Alek

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

I love Rumi, of course-

to me, he is more than a poet- he is one of the primary spiritual influences in my life... and I have quite a collection of Rumi bookmarks in my Firefox Browser, this one now added in... thank you

But I must say, I love the Coleman Barks translations best- for me, Barks has really "gone in" with these poems, like no other translator Ive seen- and pulled out the deepest mysteries of this mystic...

and of course now, I see the bias that I get to struggle with- and I promise, I will -

this has actually been coming clear, and Im seeing it more being here amongst other poets- with their own work, as well as among their best loved works- that I have more to learn about reading poems in different ways- that each way of writing and of reading each and every poem is to be learned anew upon meeting with it...

there are 6.75 billion poems in any given moment... and then doubled for the number of readers for these poems, that makes 6.75 billion more! in any given moment...

yes, I need to learn a new way to read...

Im not sure that "favorites" should apply for much longer, for me... I feel the need to learn a new way of looking...

Coleman Barks

Hello Rumisong! Just to make you jealous;-) I volunteered for this event and got to shake Coleman's hand icon_lol.gif

A new way of looking? You may be interested in the big mind work:

Genpo

The latest addition to my toolbox of perception aerobics icon_eek.gif

DC