Poetry Magnum Opus

Does this happen to anyone else?

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Hi icon_smile.gif

I find that quite a few times, I get logged out off the site in the middle of posting a piece - review or poem and I lose the work icon_mad.gif . Is there a time limit on this site after which we're automatically logged off? If I want to post a long review or piece I have to log off, go into a Word document, log in again and post.

It could well be my own incompetence here. But I would be interested to know if anyone else has had a similar experience?

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Aleksandra

So yes it is happening icon_biggrin.png. Now happened to me on your topic icon_biggrin.png While searching for this problem I logged off and then forgot :S to come in, so I post and lost my comment for you icon_biggrin.png.

Goldenlangur, I think the best way is when you are logging in you should click on : Log me on automatically at each visit. That means you will stay logged in all the time, and than saves your logging informations, so if you use public computer on the end you should change that and that will take you time. But I will check again in the panel to see if there is some other option, and Tony will help but little later, when he gonna get back from work. So we will try to solve this.

Often I am coping the text what I am writing before posting ( even that is good because of the connection ) and if I lost while posting I just come again and pasting the text and posting again. So you can even not to go and save in the Word document, because that takes short time.

So the first option I think is best, so you can try if you like that, and anyway we will check for some better option if exists.

We will do the best what we can my friend

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Thanks Aleksandra. I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one.

Will try the "log me automatically" and see if that works.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

it happens to me all the time goldenlangur

Larsen M. Callirhoe

I have had it happen, too. I usually select and copy the text immediately prior to posting if I'm working on a long reply. Then if it happens I can just paste it in a new window.

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

goldenlangur

It seems I'm not alone then icon_wink.gif victor and Tony!

Thank you for that tip, Tony.

I shall now do a Word original and then post it on icon_smile.gif

Thank you both for getting back on this one.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

It seems I'm not alone then icon_wink.gif victor and Tony!

Thank you for that tip, Tony.

I shall now do a Word original and then post it on icon_smile.gif

Thank you both for getting back on this one.

goldenlangur

Hi Golden,

You can certainly do a Word original if you would like to. I myself do not; I just select the text I typed in the pmo window and copy it (to my computer memory). I can then just paste it, if something happens with the reply window I'm working on.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

goldenlangur

Hi again Tony,

tonyv wrote:

....I just select the text I typed in the pmo window and copy it (to my computer memory). I can then just paste it, if something happens with the reply window I'm working on.

Tony

Now this is where icon_scratch.png I'm lost! I do what you describe. But when I press "send" or "copy" and "paste" I'm logged out by then and have lost the document kopfschuettel.gif .

Forgive my fogginess in such matter which might seem simple to more computer literate people, so what am I doing wrong here icon_scratch.png ??

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Hi again Tony,

tonyv wrote:

....I just select the text I typed in the pmo window and copy it (to my computer memory). I can then just paste it, if something happens with the reply window I'm working on.

Tony

Now this is where icon_scratch.png I'm lost! I do what you describe. But when I press "send" or "copy" and "paste" I'm logged out by then and have lost the document kopfschuettel.gif .

Forgive my fogginess in such matter which might seem simple to more computer literate people, so what am I doing wrong here icon_scratch.png ??

goldenlangur

Hi Golden,

Sorry for the confusion. What I do is this: I type my text in the PMO window. Before doing anything else, I select the entire text by highlighting it. I then go to the "Edit" drop-down menu in the Windows Menu bar (located right after "File") and click "copy." This saves the entire text to my computer's memory. I then proceed to either preview the post or I just post it. If the post goes through, then all is well. If the connection times out, I just open a new reply window in the same thread/topic I was working on, place the cursor in that window, go again to the Windows "Edit" drop-down menu and click "paste." This pastes the entire previously-copied text in the new PMO reply window that I just opened. I can then post the lengthy post without being timed out. I hope this helps. Let me know if there is still some confusion in this explanation, and I will try to clarify.

Tony

goldenlangur

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for getting back on this. Your explanation is both clear and helpful. So armed with this I shall use this way of posting in future icon_smile.gif

I appreciate your taking the trouble.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

No it has never happened to me.

When I intend to write a long involved critique, I always copy and paste to a Word document but that is so that I can take my time, often leaving it and coming back to it while I am off line.

But as far as posting a long reply or even when spending a great deal of time entering links and other technical changes to the Verse Form pages, I don't get knocked off. But then I don't usually log in and log out. I am logged on and remain logged on most of the time even though I may not be online. I also work between 2 computers, both logged on, at my home computer and like right now, from the office. It is Thursday, Thursday afternoons are always slow. Every once in a while I will come to this site and it say I have to log in and I am always surprised that I have been logged off in those instances.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

goldenlangur

Thank you Tink for sharing your thoughts.

I do have internet access difficulty but will not be beaten!

goldenlangur

goldenlangur