Poetry Magnum Opus

U.S. Elections The Good, the bad , and the ugly

Wistful Poet

Wistful Poet

Well, its election time here in the U.S. and the democrats are really fighting for a nomination. The candidates are pretty interesting. We have hilary clinton, wife of former pres. bill clinton and Barack Obama, he's half black, half white, and he has some pretty good promises. I have a cousin who is a die-hard supporter of him while I'm a Republican and I like Ron Paul. He's a minor candidate and I like his ideas. I used to like John McCain, but now he dosen;t seem so great, though Busch is really supporting him. Ohio, my state, had their primaries on the 4th and Clinton won it on the democrat side while McCain won on the Republican side. Feel free to come in and talk about the candidates, the elections, the state of the economy...and those annoying voice recordings! icon_cat.png

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

Hi Wistful, I am surprised, a young Republican. That is almost an oxymoron these days. I too am a registered Republican but have over the decades at one time or another voted for candidates of all parites, republican, democrat, independant, & even the green party. I tend to be conservative in thinking but I am a small business owner and I am old, those elements influence my choices. This will be your first election to vote. That is exciting.

You are right, it is an interesting election year and the candidates all bring something to the table. I am afraid your candidate is not going to be on the ballot in November so you are going to have to study the others and pick something you most like and run with it.

I love the idea of a woman president, I just wish it wasn't a Clinton that was the woman of choice, I am tired of dynasties. Obama is so exciting and fresh and I am so sick of politics as usual, that even with his lack of experience he promises a new persepctive that I think our country needs. Then there is McCain, a man most Americans admire, me included, regardless of party affiliation.

So of the 3 front runners, I still haven't made my choice. I will have to wait until it is decided which of the 2 democratic candidates ends up the nominee. It is going to be interesting.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Wistful Poet

Thanks for replying. Being republican runs in my family and I don't want Clinton for president either. She sounds evil. I don't know how she had won my state (Oh) last week. Have you guys had your primary yet? I kinda want obama to get in office. He sounds like he knows what he's doing, plus i have a counsin who's really into him. I got an e-mail from her last week and she was helping campaign for him here in Ohio (she lives in D.C.) She said she couldn't believe all of the people who wanted him.

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

3 people have a chance for the jackpot.....'white' house living....$400,000 a year salary....treated like a Hollywood star.......limo's.......private planes.....security gaurds........great eatting.......and a great lifetime pension...............3 people have that shot !

1) The fifty-ish woman whose husband was once president

2) The old guy with white hair who once was a P.O.W soldier

3) The black guy with the strong voice and attitude

507652.gif

goldenlangur

As an on-looker from across the seas and mountains

Mccain is the good one - solid, decent, a liberal Republican Though what are his views on Foreign Policy?

Hilary Clinton - One wonders if she is the powerhouse of intelligence, ideas, has a background of having been "in the Administration" alongside her husband. You certainly have a good precedent in women leadership in Rice, who is less gung-ho and more effective in her negotiations around the hot spots.

Obama - has the charisma, youth, freshness. He seems to promise all things to everyone. Perhaps his stance will change once he's in the White House.

For the first time in many years, people here are following your Elections with great interest.

Exciting times ahead!

GOOD LUCK!

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Obama is in trouble.

He sat under a crazy preacher for 20 years......

an anti-american fiery preacher who actually visited with Kadaphy......Farakan.......

almost milatant......in his manner

He has now stopped preaching and is ready to retire all of a sudden.....

ha ha ha......all of a sudden he's retiring

and Obama is denying that the preacher ever said crazy remarks while he attended.....

......Hillary has had a woman fired on her side

because she said Obama wouldn't have been running such a good race...hee hee if he wasn't of the african race.......

Obama is now pointing his finger at McCains preacher

( homosexuality is a sin against God - quotes )

Nowhere as near as bad as that loose cannon preacher of Obama....

20 solid years listening to a bizzarre black dude

with very aggresive things to say about politics.....

two decades of a real yelling, manic, 50 year old guy.....who has suddenly retired

icon_rr.png Obama is in trouble with this one,....

america is not ready for a black president yet.......

he did well in Mississippi......I'll say that.....

Aleksandra

Obama seems good, as somebody said - fresh. We need fresh faces all over the world. Enough from old familiar faces / names, who are like learned book.

I support women but I think in this case the man is better option. in my opinion of course.

Anyway - Good Luck to all of us. We all are interesting in this case icon_rolleyes.gif

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Wistful Poet
As an on-looker from across the seas and mountains

Mccain is the good one - solid, decent, a liberal Republican Though what are his views on Foreign Policy?

Hilary Clinton - One wonders if she is the powerhouse of intelligence, ideas, has a background of having been "in the Administration" alongside her husband. You certainly have a good precedent in women leadership in Rice, who is less gung-ho and more effective in her negotiations around the hot spots.

Obama - has the charisma, youth, freshness. He seems to promise all things to everyone. Perhaps his stance will change once he's in the White House.

For the first time in many years, people here are following your Elections with great interest.

Exciting times ahead!

GOOD LUCK!

goldenlangur

It sure is!

The Clinton's earn 110 million a year in income.

Honestly,

I dont think she can relate to me and others like me....

and we cant relate with her.....no matter how much she gabs away everything and anything...

sleep.gif

The husband was totally unethical....that's a huge issue with me.

Bonnie and Clyde of the modern age.

Wistful Poet

I'm surprised that scandel hasn't made her change her mind about running.