Poetry Magnum Opus

Help Wanted

Tinker

Hi everyone, As most of you are aware, I have been in the process for the last couple of years of completing the Verse Form and Glossary forums at this site. I work in spurts, more off than on, but I still have hundreds of verse forms to post and/or research. I am always on the hunt for new forms to add to the index and to this forum.

Rumisong just sent me a link to a new verse form which I did not have in my index and which I have never heard of before. I so appreciate this kind of help. I have added it to the index with the link provided. Some day soon I will do a little more digging and see if I can expand on what is offered in this link, in the meantime anyone interested can just click on "Cleave Poetry" in the Verse Form Index and it will take you to the site rumisong provided.

So if you run across something that you have not seen before let me know. I believe we have the most complete collection of verse forms in our index than any other site on the internet or in any one book that I have been able to find. I haven't written my interpretation of all of them yet but I keep plugging away and I have sources for everyone verse form named in the index at my disposal. I just have to get moving again and get the information written down and posted.

By the way if you haven't checked out the Verse Form forum at this site because you don't want to be restricted to line length or rhyme etc, I think you will find that many Verse Forms do not have restrictive criteria other than in theme or focus which might serve as inspiration to you. There is a lot of history here which shows the evolution of writing and offers a challenge to elevate our skill level. Besides if we call ourselves poets, it only seems right that we have some knowledge of how the craft has developed throughout history.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Good Lord Tink, what a massive amount of work and effort and Love you have put into that index and glossary!

When I first arrived, of course I saw some of it- but my mind just sort of "filed away" that it was something I wanted to "get back to" at some point... so, I didnt really really SEE it, until now...

Im blown away!

there is an entire college education on poetry there for someone if they were to only read what youve posted!

Bless you for pouring yourself into it as you have- I am ever so grateful to have access to it all! thank you!

and yes, I will certainly keep my eyes out- let us know how we can help you to maintain the index best- is pm'ing you as I did the best way? is there some other info we can try to dig-up/send-along if we do send you a note? etc?...

bless you Tink! just marvelous!

Thanks rumisong. It is a huge help if you all just keep your eyes open and communicate with me either by PM or email. Since this is such an international group I would love to tap into this resource.

I speak and read only English fluently so there is a language barrier when researching verse forms from other cultures. I would love receiving information about the development of poetry from the many cultures represented here.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Aleksandra

Tink, your work is splendid. Thank you for managing the treasure here. That is real library of treasure.

We will try to help in everything - as we can.

Thanks again.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia