Poetry Magnum Opus

I see Poetry Everywhere!

rumisong

this had me Burst into tears by the end of it...

just had to share with my friends here-

My GOD, what a beautiful metaphor for life this is!!!

I dont mean to be "spamming" our group here with just stuff- this is really a Poetry Forum - yes, of course...

but sometimes, something comes along...

maybe- just thinking out loud here- maybe we could have an "I see Poetry EVERYWHERE" room, so that stuff like this might fit... just a thought, its nice to share with others here sometimes, dont you think?

Thanks for sharing, Rusmisong. I'm not so good with my television and movies, but is that Julie Andrews singing from The Sound of Music? The clip kind of reminded me of THIS other one. Keep your spirits up!

Tony

(PS -- I haven't detected any spamming; this is what the General forum is for. icon_smile.gif )

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

OH yes, I remember that one too! yes, its just like it in spirit and message... and more "organic" in its way- being formed by word of mouth as it were...

Yes tony - that was Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music score they were playing...

thanks for sharing

found this, had to share here to say more of whats been going on with me of late-

From this page (link):

Stay close to any sounds

that make you glad

you are alive.

Everything

in this world is

helplessly reeling.

An invisible wake

was created

when God said

to His beautiful dead lover,

"Be!".

Hafiz, who will understand you

if you do not explain that last line?

Well then,

I will sing it this way:

When God said to illusion,

"Be!"

- Hafiz, the master sufi poet and saint of 14th century

and this

the sufis say:

there are three ways to relate to the Divine:

one is prayer,

a step up from that is meditation,

and a step up from that is sohbet *.

* what sufi mystics mean by sohbet is difficult to translate in english. simply put, it means conversation of 'a totally different nature'. its conversation between friends of spirit and heart, its deep listening and transmission of heart as well. everything in the created cosmos are also in conversation always and those with attuned ears of the inner heart are able to listen to them.

true sohbets are so powerful that it can bring much deeper realization in short space of time, than years of prayers or meditation alone. On meditation being a step up from prayer, Prophet Muhammad said, "One hour's meditation on the work of the Creator is better than seventy years of prayer." Sufi path values sohbet and thus listening deeply and directly from a sufi master / enlightened one is emphasized on the path. sohbet carry the powerful seed of what far eastern spirituality calls 'satori' or sudden enlightenment. the name and idea of ancient hindu sacred text Upanishad is also an idea of 'sohbet' as well. Upanishad means 'sitting down near' an enlightened spiritual master or guru in order to listen and to receive.

the mystery of sobhet is perhaps inside the Divine Name, As Sami: Divine is The All Hearing, The Ever Hearing.

so, yes, there may be many things that are of Sobhet, that I may be willing to call Poetry... many many things... they will be of One Thing, in the end...

and I must add this post from the same blog (link)- again, how perfect this tale of a meeting of Kobayashi Issa and a Sufi Master:

Saying this the old dervish becomes silent, so is everyone in the room. As if time has stopped, something is shifting inside Kobayashi. And right then the old dervish recited a poem so profound and so beautiful that it reduced him into tears.

'Inside this clay jug there are canyons and pine mountains, and the maker of canyons and pine mountains! All seven oceans are inside, and hundreds of millions of stars. The acid that tests gold is here, and the one who judges jewels. And the music that comes from the strings that no one touches, and the source of all water.'

~