Poetry Magnum Opus

When we are busy...

Aleksandra

Aleksandra

Thank you so much Victor, you are always such a good friend, today to be missed is a hard thing icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes we are friends for long time and I understand your words, but seems I should be absent again. I need some time away from everything, to fix something and I wish to come back here, sooner. I am a kind of bad mood, so I don't want that mood to reflect on none of you my friends.

Take care all of you, and enjoy with yours poetry

See you soon my poets.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aleksandra

• tonyv

• Tinker

• Larsen M. Callirhoe

Aleksandra

Hello people ! I hope you are doing fine.

But where is Summayya? Summ come on. I hope you are ok and everything there is good.

We wait forward your voice here.

my best wishes Summ .

And all others who are missed, I hope all of you are safe.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Hello,

Thanks for remembering alek. Its sweet of you =).

I am fine, just busy. Also my internet has been down..some strikes and stuff here. No one ever said life was easy... icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

Hope all of you are fine and productive.. I haven't read and written anything...now how's that? icon_biggrin.png

Aleksandra

Hey Summayyaaa. How nice to see you around. I am glad to hear from you. You have been missed. Me and Tony was wondering where have you been, and I am happy to hear that you are fine. And yes life is not easy at all. icon_mad.gif and also I think it could be a little better should not be so bad and hard icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok dear, talk to you later.

Be fine and take care.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi everyone.

what happened to summayyah. did she go on her honeymoon. i thought she said she was getting married soon o did i read her wrong. hmm.

summayyah everyone where are you at.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hey aleks you can be my queen anytime he he just kidding lol!

vic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Aleksandra

Larsen M. Callirhoe wrote:

hi everyone.

what happened to summayyah. did she go on her honeymoon. i thought she said she was getting married soon o did i read her wrong. hmm.

summayyah everyone where are you at.

victor

Yes Vic we miss Summayya and everyone who is busy right now. I think the summer is the reason for most of the members, maybe summer vacation. However I wish to everybody who are not here around, to have pleasant summer and nice sunny days. And I hope they will join us as soon as possible they can

Larsen M. Callirhoe wrote:

hey aleks you can be my queen anytime he he just kidding lol!

Vic nice joke icon_scratch.pngicon_mad.gif queens like me died long time ago icon_biggrin.png

I wish all of you guys are fine

Alek

History of Macedonia

I think Alek is SEXY !!

...also....loving.......caring......refined.....

what kind of perfume do you like?

I have to buy it for a gal ! As a thank you gesture.....

Your my number #1......in this poetry world...

thanx again for having me to your castle libary !!

...keep floating cool

icon_exclaim.gif

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi everyone and pawnshop.

aleks has been one of my best femle friends ever. i like angel the perfume for females on the wrists and neck. it is very flowery divine and heavenly in scent. don't buy a big bottle of it just in case she don;t like it. i would suggest buyin the generic brand o it in the small size. get hrt also obseession for women in the small size. my ex-wife wife at the time didnt like wearing perfumes so i got her used to vanilla, lavender, and uckolitoptic massage oils which she loved during sex. \\

larsen

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Aleksandra

Hello people. Some of you seems busy some time. Jonathan, I hope you bought a good perfume for your friend, it have been long time since you asked some idea. Bw, where are you? I hope all is fine with you.

Victor my dear, I know that now, probably you have nice Christmas visit from your family.

Wistful Poet - ah did you forget at us? icon_smile.gif I hope not. How are you, is everything ok? I can understand your absence icon_wink.gif but come on, jump over here, share something from your nice poetry.

tilsover - long time no voice from you. I can imagine your side of the world right now - I am sure there are perfect winter idyllic panoramas. Really I wish to see you around, and to read some of your poems.

spauldhr - same for you, I hope you are ok, and also I wish to read something new from you icon_wink.gif.

Joao. I miss your wonderful poems, hope you share more soon. I hope you enjoy and you are well. And also to see you soon here.

Summayyah dear, I hope you are fine and enjoying too, and also I wish to see you more often around. I miss you and your poetry.

Bloodyday - Rony, is your spirit little up? It must be icon_wink.gif. Soon is your birthday, so you should make some party, and start another different way of living, without sadness.

Tinker - where are you. You are missed here too. I know that often you are busy, but I miss your work around and your presence. Hope you have lovely time now, in this holiday season with your cute girls, and with all your family of course icon_wink.gif.

Joel - my friend, you seems quiet too. Is there some new season - poem? I hope you are doing fine.and to see you soon.

Goldenlangur. Hopefully you didn't have some other injury. You are missed too as always. Really I want to think that you are only busy, but fine. Looking forward for you too.

Dr.Con, Douglas, Lake, Frank I saw you few days ago, so I know you are doing fine and hopefully you enjoy in Christmas and New Year time. Doug some special party in Australia icon_smile.gif Hope you will share.

Tony my partner, for you I know icon_smile.gif. I hope you are spending nice time but I know you are back soon, so I am not worried about you.

My friends, now is Christmas for most of you, so I am watching our board - like a guardian. 739683.gif

I miss you all, and I feel lonely, somehow sad - ok I'm in bad mood, but I enjoy reading your poetry, so here I am thinking about all of you what may you are doing in the moment, and reading all over the board.624544.gif

I hope you have pleasant moments in the New Year. I wish you all the best and I hope you're all fine.

Hugs to everyone.

Aleksandra

522404.gif

History of Macedonia

Aleksandra

Hi Tink. First, let me tell you that I am happy to see you here icon_smile.gif. You have been busy also, so I am glad to see you around icon_wink.gif.

About Summayya. I heard from her briefly, so I don't know exactly what happened. Hopefully she will find some time and she will tell us some good news.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Ok guys married and all I am back into action... really missed you guys!!

How are you people, Tinker, tony, Alek, Gl, Victor, Pawnshop, JJ, Dr_Con, Lake, Badge, douglas and all??

Have written only one poem in this period and that means I am rusty... but hoping that you guys had a great inspried period and wrote loads of great poems..

Oh boy! can't wait to jump to the poetry section.. I know I have gems to catch...

Missed you alll.

goldenlangur

Good to hear that all's been well with you and look forward to reading your work again. icon_biggrin.png

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

wondering where goldenlangur is at - hope all is ok...

I,too, am wondering, and I remain hopeful that all is well ...

Looking forward to your return, GL.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Aleksandra

Yes goldenlangur is missed. I hope you are fine golden. We miss you and your work.

Looking forward for you.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

SO, what cheek of GL to just show up again without a word more about his whereabouts and whatfors *wink wink* -

'sup golden? hows it going? whats been hap'nin?

(*teasing*)

but really- its very good to see you and know you are well... do share if youre so inclined, but its not necessary to have us happy youre back icon_smile.gif

Yes, it's wonderful to see Goldenlangur, Rumisong.

Message to GL --

It's wonderful to see you, gl. Although there's certainly never any pressure icon_razz.gif, and the door is always open, don't ever be a stranger!

Tony icon_smile.gif

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

goldenlangur

Thank you rumisong, Tony, Aleksandra, summaya for your thoughts.

Lovely to be back.

What have I been up to? Oh! That would be telling icon_wink.gif But hopefully never a stranger icon_smile.gif

With appreciation.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Aleksandra

Hello people. I am pleased to see you active around and having an enjoyable time. That's nice to see and that makes me happy while I am not being here so much and active. I miss my work here... icon_neutral.gif

Thanks for yours activity - it does makes me happy and smile.

I will catch up here soon.

Take care my friends and enjoy.

Aleksandra...

History of Macedonia

• 1 month later...

what should i say?

it's a long time i am inactive in this forum though i love this forum very much. Specially some names i can't forget in my everyday life.

Due to sudden restructure in my present workstation, i have couple of tons of new project responsibilities, but i am just able to make my time to stare at the lovely sky. it has been a long time to drench in heavy rain and the breeze gives me the feelings that i am loosing something.

yah, i lost a lot.....a lot of freinds just lost for their new works and responsibilities and i am watching that i am becoming an old man. when i watched a notification of magnumopus, i just remember some old avatars and writings and then i felt that there is still something which i can't miss.

thanks for the invitation but still i couln't make time to write something regularly. i need to change something of my very own and actually i need some time for my own which i can't get.

But someday i will and still i want to say from deep of my heart that it's an great honour to write in such a platform with such great poets like you all.

thank you again!

goldenlangur

Hi RoNy :)

My sympathy as I know well how work and life has a way of carving large chunks of our time, leaving little space for writing. But I hope you will keep at it.

Good to see you around :D

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

I'm so happy that you've checked in, Rony! Come whenever you can -- the door is always open. And I see you posted another terrific poem, too! I'm going there next ...

Tony :D

Wistful Poet

Wow it's been awhile....ok here's a quick update: I'll start my second year of college next month, I'll be majoring in nursing, my poetry was published on my campus' lit magizine, made a lot of friends in college, and I'm still writing poetry, and I'm working as a nurse's aide this summer and I still have my horse and my family recently added a dog we call Huey.

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

Great to see you, Wistful! It's also good to find out that you've chosen to pursue a fine, marketable skill as a profession. I have a lot of respect for nurses. My mother was a nurse until I was born, at which point she became just a mom. I hope you will continue to write, too.

Thanks for checking in, saying hello, and giving us an update as to your whereabouts. I'm sure you're busy, but do come here whenever you can.

Tony

Wistful Poet

No prob Tony!

Anyone know whatever happened to Nia or did she change her name?

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

• 2 weeks later...
Larsen M. Callirhoe
No prob Tony!

Anyone know whatever happened to Nia or did she change her name?

hi Wistful Poet, Nia sort of had a fallout with Aleksandra. This forum has run completely without her. the old forum she was never a member of either. the first pmo board she left right before it got deleted. i talked to nia june 5 or 6 that is the last time i heard from her. she is still a member of poetry connection but she doesn't post much and really doesnt say much either to me the few times we have talked in the last 2 years. for about a year we did talk everyday just about. i don't know why nia got upset with aleksandra but she is the reason so nia says why she wants no part of this forum. nia has moved on and so has aleksandra. i know aleksandra is sad about this but can you do. we are all not happy that nia wants no part of aleksandra's friendship.

larsen aka victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

I hope the summer would be inspirational for all of us. We have missing friends so I hope all will come back with some fresh poetry :).

Enjoy the summer PMO members!

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

• 5 months later...

Sorry, I have been missing for a while. Beside the usual "busy for the holidays" excuse, my son (who most of you know is a police officer) was injured a week before Christmas. Family Photo

While in a high speed pursuit a motorist cut him off, hitting his bike and throwing him 100 feet from the point of impact. The bike is totalled. He was touch and go for a bit, he hit the ground so hard his helmet visor had to be pryed from the asphalt. We had a fright and the holidays were put on hold. Thankfully he is going to be fine. He has a concussion and is still dealing with dizziness issues, broke his wrist, tore his bicept, sprained his neck and shoulder and has abundant road rash and bruising but hopes to be back on the job in 6 to 8 weeks. He hurts but is in good spirits and is bored to tears. The kids got their Christmas with daddy at home and didn't even notice it was quieter, more low key than usual. I just got back from So California where I have been helping out with the kids while my daughter-in-law focused on him.

We are blessed, Happy Holidays to all...

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Ah Tinker, thank God it wasn't worse. I hope your son is better.

Happy Holidays to you all and nice to see you Tink.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Wow, Tink, what a scare! Those are some serious injuries. They may have put a damper on the holidays, but there's lots of brightness in the fact that he'll be okay. (You might even be able to alleviate his boredom a little by introducing him to poetry :D ... Some forms, perhaps? :blush: )

Thanks for checking in and for the warm holiday wishes. Happy holidays to you and yours, too, and godspeed for your son's recovery.

Tony

What a bummer, Tinker. Hope your son will get well soon. There's a saying in Chinese "After surving a great disaster, one is bound to have good fortune in later years."

Best wishes!

Lake

Aleks, Tony and Lake, Thank you for your good wishes. This was more of a scare than a disaster, my son is doing fine and things are almost back to normal already.

Thanks again for your support.

~~Tink

• 3 months later...

Hello, people. I am happy to see you all around posting, being active and creative. I was a little away and now I am trying to jump back in. I see I have a lot of job here, and that makes me happy, plenty to read and work on :). I am excited because of that, and I will try to catch most of it.

I missed you all and I am happy to jump back in :). And also I hope my muse comes back to me :huh: -- probably sleeps somewhere hidden from me, but I'll find it ;).

Aleksandra.

History of Macedonia

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi everyone, been gone to long. back now.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

goldenlangur

Good to see you around Aleksandra and victor :)

Look forward to reading you both again.

Edited by goldenlangur

goldenlangur

• 3 months later...

Hi, My participation might be spotty for a while. I fell off a ladder while picking plums today and crushed my wrist. The ground beneath a leg of the ladder was undermined by a gopher hole, I had been up there awhile, my basket was almost full, and all of a sudden I was sitting on the ground and my left wrist was on fire. I spent most of my Sunday afternoon in the ER. Because the bone jammed up ino the joint crushing something, I need surgery. I won't know when until tomorrow, I will keep you posted.

I am fine otherwise, but it is hard typing with one hand. Just a tiny peek into the difficulty Victor must experience. I have nothing but admiration for you my friend.

~~Tink

Larsen M. Callirhoe

youwill be in my prayers tink / judy.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I have fallen from higher places than a plum tree, even from a horse at full gallop but have never broken anything before. It must be true what they say, when you get old your bones become brittle. I am 69, I guess I was due. (Come to think of it, my horse and I went down because my horse stepped in a gopher hole. Those darn gophers are dangerous.)

Yes Badger, our plums are late this year, and not as sweet as I expected. It has been an unusually cool summer so far. My tomatoes are still green too. We need the hot days to sweeten and ripen the fruit. But I have zucchini by the bushels and so does everyone else. I am running out of ways to prepare it.

~~~Tink

Hey, wait just a minute .... Broken and crushed bones are no excuse for spotty participation! :unsure: But really, Tinker, I'm so sorry to hear this, especially the part about needing surgery. I've never broken a bone, so I can only imagine what the pain might be like. I did sprain my arm pretty badly one time. It was so painful -- I thought I broke it -- that I actually went to the ER.

As for zucchini, I love it grilled along with summer squash. (Though I have no love for butternut squash or pumpkin.) What to do with the excess squashes, I don't know. Perhaps you could pickle them? Alek introduced me to a Macedonian condiment called AJVAR. It's made with peppers and eggplant. I love it, and order about a dozen jars each year. I noticed among the other PRODUCTS they had pickled GRILLED ZUCCHINI. I ordered a jar of that, but ended up tossing it. Didn't really like it. :unsure: But hey, many people do, and it's another idea. :) As for the ajvar, I can't get enough of it!

Please take care and get well soon! As always, let us know if you need anything.

Tony

Ouch, Tinker, you are so brave climbing on a ladder! Wish you a quick recovery!

My mom uses zucchini to make dumplings, yummy.

Tony, you Ajvar makes my mouth watery though I've never tasted it yet.

Get well soon.

Lake

• 3 months later...

I am leaving for Southern California tomorrow and will have only sporatic access to a computer for the next week, so I probably won't be posting much between now and a week from Monday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day... My favorite holiday. I will be cooking a feast for this special day. For those of you in other countries who don't have this holiday to look forward to and to those of you who will be gathering with family and loved one next Thursday, :wine2: I toast you all and give thanks for having the privilege to read your work and learn from you.

~~Tink

PS In our family one of the children is usually given the task of saying the Grace, it will probably be 7 year old Allexa this year because she is preparing for her First Communion and has her prayers down pat. (I had to listen to a recitation of ALL of them last night on the phone.) Then we go around the table at our Thanksgiving meal and we each take turns saying out loud what we are thankful for. The kids really get into this tradition, I know it sounds corny but it really is a special moment. Lots of laughter and love. It is easy to believe when I am so blessed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi guys, as usual, workload has been rather high towards the end of the year. I missed the place. Glad to be back. Will post something in a while (soon).

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach