A waking smile opens your door

with an unforgotten key;

it closes mine

. .again.

• Like 1

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Larsen M. Callirhoe

aleks is this a old poem or a new one. this makes me think you broke up with alexander. either way very melachonic indeed. this poem makes me think you are seeking a new sunrise because the last sunset you experienced didn't go well as the key you mentioned as locking the door to a old relationshoip.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

A fascinating piece- what disapeers, the moon, the dream the twilight kiss? Who is it that leaves, who arrives? I don't feel the melancholy as much, but there is a liminal suchness about this which outlines a mood at once familiar and yet mysterious...

A great little piece...

Many Thanks,

DC

Love is evident in the frustration of longing, Aleksandra. Very sad. There is a sense of perpetuity, an "ongoing-ness," in the emotions expressed by the speaker and felt by this reader. I love your use of "moon-set."

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Your poem felt sad Aleks, though in all endings there are are beginnings...

badge

Thank you badge for your thoughts. It's always nice to read you.

Bw, thank you for the wonderful reading of my Tale poem. I love it how it sounds.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

icon_biggrin.pngVictor you made me smile icon_smile.gif. Interesting reading of yours and opservation. The poem it is most fresh on my side icon_smile.gif I post when I wrote icon_biggrin.png. without review. Anyway when I read your thoughts I read my poem again, and I saw that it makes sense all what you say about the key, but it's not that key what Im talking about icon_smile.gif. This key is more painfull.

Thanks for the reading Vic.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

A fascinating piece- what disapeers, the moon, the dream the twilight kiss? Who is it that leaves, who arrives? I don't feel the melancholy as much, but there is a liminal suchness about this which outlines a mood at once familiar and yet mysterious...

A great little piece...

Many Thanks,

DC

DC glad that you got some points here. Everything is there, the moon, the kiss all of it, so it's left only the narrator icon_smile.gif who can disapeer.

Thanks for your warm comment.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Love is evident in the frustration of longing, Aleksandra. Very sad. There is a sense of perpetuity, an "ongoing-ness," in the emotions expressed by the speaker and felt by this reader. I love your use of "moon-set."

Tony

Tony glad you like the use of moon-set. If there is sunset, it should be the moon-set also right? icon_biggrin.png.

Thanks for noticing the sadness.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia