the sky vibrates as rippled metal

to the beat of your iron heart.

Hollowed of all senses

I still hear this music of your malice.

Piecemeal, you splinter my being

dissolve me in oblivion.

Edited by goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Another exciting read, Goldenlagur. The poem settles on the reader like a winter of discontent, and it makes him feel as though it were directed at him. The speaker's resentment borders on vindictiveness and is quite unnerving.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

goldenlangur

Thank you Tony for your warm commendation for this effort.

Your considered reading is gratifying:

it makes him feel as though it were directed at him. The speaker's resentment borders on vindictiveness and is quite unnerving.

Tony

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Odd I posted a reply and it disappeared;-)

An astonishing piece! It left a metal tang taste of blood in my mouth and created a sense of something inhumanely human. Quite brilliant!

Many Thanks Golden!

DC

Bones of Ghosts.......

Golden, this is a poem what I can read all day long.

The poems like this poem, makes me to think a lot, and it's right for my taste. You are using amazing expressions, and you make a scene on the way as mosaic.

The first part leads the poem I think - I especially enjoyed:

A creature of your intent

trapped in this land of holes

It's written in " other " dimension waht gives a speacial sense of the poem.

The title is perfect.

I enjoyed so much golden. I loved this poem.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Larsen M. Callirhoe

wow GL, what a magnificient writing piece by you. i agree with Dr, Con's sentiment exactly. i like your response DC. (i have had stuff get lost in the ethernet before dr. con.) goldenlangur this piece is so encryptic and crisp like a finely tuned musical instrument (orchrestra or ship).

i enjoyed this. your poetry in this style is powerful and a treat to read. your two free-style poems i commented on are what zen masters create in short poems using very few syllables but in the english language only a few can master a famous articulate quote using large vernacular. a little different than haiku styles. please keep experiementing with this style. i like what i have read of your free style so far GL :party on:

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Most of us are taught to believe that there is a greater power overseeing things universal. We are told that there is goodness, love, empathy etc. But life does not always feel that way. The poet here seems to ball their fist, raise it in the direction of this power and dare to challenge the ultimate authority and control; to deny the thought that we are but creatures of intent, despensable at the whim of that greater power.

Really enjoyed reading and thinking about your work.

rg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aleksandra,

You must know how rewarding it is when someone delves into a poem and extracts the essence with sensitivity This is how I feel about your amazingly generous and perceptive reading and review:

Bones of Ghosts.......

Golden, this is a poem what I can read all day long.

The poems like this poem, makes me to think a lot, and it's right for my taste. You are using amazing expressions, and you make a scene on the way as mosaic.

The first part leads the poem I think - I especially enjoyed:

A creature of your intent

trapped in this land of holes

It's written in " other " dimension waht gives a speacial sense of the poem.

The title is perfect.

Aleksandra

A big thank you.

goldenlangur

Hi victor,

Your most encouraging and comprehensive review gives me hope that I may well be able to use more of the free style verse form:

i enjoyed this. your poetry in this style is powerful and a treat to read. your two free-style poems i commented on are what zen masters create in short poems using very few syllables but in the english language only a few can master a famous articulate quote using large vernacular. a little different than haiku styles. please keep experiementing with this style. i like what i have read of your free style so far GL :party on:

victor

I cannot thank you enough.

goldenlangur

Thank you very much DC for that massively encouraging review.

I'm sorry that you lost an earlier post - it has happened to me but I always assume that it is internet problems in my part of the world. I appreciate your returning with a review.

goldenlangur

Hi rg,

You have a wonderful way of expressing your thoughts and also show a generosity of spirit in attempting to hone into another member's work and give it an in-depth and insightful reading.

Thank you so much.

goldenlangur