Poetry Magnum Opus

Back Again to Bedlam

poetjohncompton

Frank E Gibbard

Jolly good to see you here MP. Hello, and welcome back this seems a sombre portrait acerbic and acidic, a bit shocking in mood but typically pointed blunt and direct in its brevity. I hope you are well on the comeback trail and remember our poetical connections of old. Cheers - Frank.

I gradually lose grip on reality

and gradually reality becomes numb;

I stare into the light

which contains indefinite portraits.

John. Your poetry has grown a lot. I am happy to read your poetry. I love this poem because of the character contained inside. I love your expressions and your intent with this poem.

I was looking once for indefinite portraits into the clouds...

Wonderful poem.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Hello MP,

Glad to read you again. Welcome back, back to poetry forum!

This short poem is thought provoking. I love the first two lines with the word play of "reality" though it says "Reality is that which doesn't go away when you stop believing in it." (Philip K. Dick ). And the last line, too. "indefinite portraits" means oppotunities as well.

Best wishes in the new year!

Lake

Larsen M. Callirhoe

wow john. i love this. very perfect poem my friend. im slipping into a very deep depression. the doctor oked me unlimited pain pills. im high most of the time. i wish i could smoke opium. reminds me of the movie once upon a time in america staring robert bob deniro. i take around 250 miligrams of oxy conten a day. plus im on 5 different anti depressants. i don't give a shit about to much anymore. im writing a few songs. i have been doing thart instead of poetry. i want to sell the songs to the bee gees

victor michael

Larsen M. Callirhoe

I'm new here and lack the insight to past exchanges you all share. Consequently, I may be wrong saying this poem could be even stronger. It certainly strikes a string of emotion inside of me, and the last two lines are most eloquent.

For me, the first two lines semantically falter on "numb", because I fail to grasp how anyone else than the entity experiencing "numbness" can testify to its presence. Some other sensation in keeping with your loosing grip seems to be needed. It is just an idea, and you need not take it as being all that serious.

Structurally, to make the first two lines more parallel, the first could be altered to "Gradually, I loose ... "