I breathe to her heartbeat,

hear snatches of things -

her hiccup, his endearment,

their sigh.

The aperture to light

is my expulsion

into the wrath of life.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Outrageously tight with incredible word choices. Waiting whorls, gleaming tissues, stained, snatches, hiccup, endearment -- on and on it goes. I absolutely love the aperture to light. This is world class writing. Thanks for sharing it here, Goldenlangur.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Goldenlangur, at first this poem is very picturesque, I enjoyed the beginning. Here or there...this way or that way... maybe all is same... That is what I got in my mind while I was reading this poem. As Tony says, very good word choices, and I like how you combined them, which is most important.

Well done.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

What an extraordinary, imaginative vision gl. I must let my eye dwell on the evening sky and moon more often!

pulsing with my parents' dream.

A dream that pulses seems so much more alive.

I breathe to her heartbeat,

succinctly, skillfully progressing, working the transition in the poem

hear snatches of things -

her hiccup, his endearment,

their sigh.

I love how you have pictured that moment of creation, the fragments threading to a unity.

badge

Edited by badger11

Hi Tony,

I suppose something of the tightness of haiku form spills into my writing. ;)

The detail you have picked took a while to take shape and I wasn't quite sure if it would work so you can imagine my delight at your commendation.

World class writing :icon_redface: is such a generous comment!

Thank you :D

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Goldenlangur, at first this poem is very picturesque, I enjoyed the beginning. H As Tony says, very good word choices, and I like how you combined them, which is most important.

Well done.

Aleksandra

I am so glad that you enjoyed the opening descriptions, Aleksandra.

This is a very perceptive reading:

Here or there...this way or that way... maybe all is same... That is what I got in my mind while I was reading this poem.

Thank you for the compliment on the word choice and my use. Like you I often try to translate thoughts from my own language into English and it is the feedback from readers in a forum like this that shows me if I am doing okay or if I am off the mark.

Appreciate your support for my writing. :D

goldenlangur

I am really pleased, badge that you picked on this:

I love how you have pictured that moment of creation, the fragments threading to a unity.

In Tibetan Buddhism we believe (The Book of the Dead) that we choose our parents and witness the moment of our parents coupling. In a way we are proactive, if you like, in our birth.

You're right. Certain times, particularly the liminal ones, can be quite inspiring :D

So glad that the details you highlighted, work.

Thank you. :D

goldenlangur

Golden,

Remarkable, truly... I've been dazzled by the poetry selections today, going from one absolute favorite to the next- but this is (being the last I read) very resonant with some of my own internal process- It resonated in its depth and its continuous unfolding...

Lovely,

DC&J

So much has been said by others I feel silly trying to put in my five cents. After re-reading to convince myself I see/hear what I first thought I did I say jolly well done and done w/quality.

Thank you, DC, WW and Lake for stopping by and posting your thoughts.

DC - I enjoy your work and it's very encouraging to get a thumbs up from you.

WW - Your five cents is much appreciated.

Lake - So glad that you read the interplay of heart and mind.

With appreciation.

goldenlangur

Another small note. An aperture is passive, not true for expulsion, a verb-noun.

The aperture to light

serves my expulsion

into the wrath of life.

Edited by waxwings

Hi gl, I like your new style of writing, it still has the intricate imagery of the poems I have come to expect from you, but the last few I have read including this one seem to be expanded, crafted with exquiste care and yet there is an abandon, a coloring outside of the lines that I had not seen before.

This piece certainly has incredible imagery which others have already commented on. What I was so impressed with was the sonics of this piece. It was an adventure to read this out loud. I don't think I have ever found rhyme in your poetry before and I liked it.

The content was extraordinary, I felt privileged that you shared this intimate moment. It was such a delightful surprise.

I loved it.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Hi Tink,

As you write fine poems yourself and your research on poetical form is truly admirably I am surprised and delighted by your generous commendation of my efforts to write a poem outside the Japanese short form genre.

I am particularly pleased with this:

What I was so impressed with was the sonics of this piece. It was an adventure to read this out loud. I don't think I have ever found rhyme in your poetry before and I liked it.

~~Tink

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am learning all the time.

goldenlangur