Settling into stillness

the minutes drop away.

Pain and joy become one

moment, no time to waste

before my work is done.

Just chasing a form. This is a Monchielle

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Chasing a form? I think you caught it. I like the refrain at the beginning, and the separated rhyme. This is a quiet and relaxing poem.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

is there any end to your pursuit of excellence in the craft of writiing amazing poetry in forms i never heard of. i like exploring woods in the winter. less pests to worry about when it is snowing out lol. good read. thank you fo sharing.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Hi Badger, That is what meditation does for me it sheds time. Thanks for getting it.

Thanks Marti, I am always going back to my articles on forms and trying to fill in examples. There are so many forms to conquer. That's why I am thrilled when you and others choose to write in form, especially forms for which I have no examples.

I often use the need for example poems as a spark to write. My example poems don't always become great poetry but I'm writing, It is best when the poem takes on a life of its own. Then the example of frame sometimes enhances the piece other times it can be cast aside. In this case the frame is there and it works, sort of. Not crazy about my last line, a little cliche but it fits the rhyme scheme. And that is the other side of the coin, the argument against writing in form. Although the line says what I want to say, but no surprises. I wish I wrote "I have promises to keep"

Hey Victor, I live in the coastal mountains of Northern California with a forest of redwoods behind my home. Frost used the term "woods" and I especially love that poem. Stopping by. though his woods and my forest are very different. My trees are giants and we rarely have snow. But the serenity is still evident. Great place for meditation.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

• 1 month later...
David W. Parsley

Tinker, your use of this form is all but invisible in its crafting. It feels like the poem wrote itself from the experience and just happened to fit a known form. As for the poem's effect on me, I can only echo what the others have already said.

Nice Work,

- Dave