will remain

long after

bone dust

comes back

to solarwinds

winding starlit byways

returning despite prodigal

myths of ever leaving light.

What a unique melding of philosophy, celestial and humanity. Puts mortals in their place. One to ponder on for awhile. Enjoyed, -uris.

fdh

Echo the above from fdelano. Also loved the form: one sentence in the visual pattern.

David W. Parsley

Doc (nobody mis-pronounces that!), I like the feel of this. And the title is one of my favorites. Brings to mind the wry and wistful comment of Dr. Tartakower when considering a chessboard set up for an official match, "The mistakes are all there waiting to be made."

I reserve the right to come back and comment further!

- Dave

Juris, I really like this, for all the same reasons as the others. I understand, I too come up with either a title, though those are often my bane, or a line or phrase, jot them down and then down the line, many of them come together into one piece. Sometimes I'm not sure myself what it means until it's finished.

t

Expansive.. with words like clouds embracing the cosmos and a title that leaves much room for the introspective. Skilfully done. B.

Thanks G & T! Glad you found something of worth. MQ, I don't have the discipline to harvest (consciously) from my poems, but I do mentally collect either lines or titles. The titles are always fun for me, because although I may have an intention/theme, many times when the poem has written itself, 'I think huh wasn't expecting That!" And then I pass it on to my reviewers and am deeply gratified that they found something of worth. As Robert Creeley once said: " I don't know if that's what is meant, after all, I just wrote it."

Which begs the question, where does poetry (writing) come from. For years I thought it resided in the mechanized brain, and yes there is a 'learned' as WCW said: Machine of poetry... But that's just the production line, where is the master who writes it? Have started turning to zen for that answer but, I'm sure all of you sense/feel what I'm saying;-)

Many Thanks!

DC&J

Thoughts ARE real. It's because of these little buggers we act as we do (privately) and dance around like morons in our public performances. Everyone knows that ... or at least I thought so. Good poem there, all the same.

Drown your sorrows in drink, by all means, but the real sorrows can swim

That's one of the coolest things abut poetry, eh - the surprises - keep 'em coming.

from the black desert

• 3 weeks later...